Cheap low-mileage vehicle insurance

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I've got an old '87 E30 BMW mainly used for autocross, and an '06 GSX-R 600. Both are secondary vehicles. Both would be driven ~150 miles/month, the bike a bit more if weather permits.

State Farm wants $60/mo (basic coverage) for the beat up BMW. For not having any traffic violations in 5+ years, and being over 25, I can't understand why it's so expensive.

To everyone who has extra/low-mileage/sunday vehicles, what company are you with? Hagerty/Grundy won't cover them due to how new they are.

-Dave

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Allstate has low mileage discounts. I think I'm paying about $100 less for 6 months on my 1970 International pickup. I don't know how much is discounted because of the house and other vehicles.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I use Hagarty's for my 81 Fiat Spider 2000 and pay right around $250 annually for $10,000 payout full coverage. Perhaps the BMW could be insured through there. Where is your MGB insured? I like MGB's, is yours in good shape?

http://www.hagerty.com/

For the motorcycle, I'd go GEICO. My 2005 triumph thruxton is insured there and I pay around $160 annually.

Last edited:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    What year? My dad has one. 73 I believe.

'70 - the only year with the two piece rear bumper.

The MG is with Hagerty right now, but the BMW is too new to be considered, no matter how low the mileage is - I was just looking for a cheaper option. Why spend so much money insuring something you'll drive 4-5 days a month when you don't have to?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    MGB :D

1973_MG_MGB_-_Flickr_-_The_Car_Spy_(4).jpg

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    All of mine are with progressive. No mileage limits etc. I think my corvette is $90/ 6 months and would be cheaper if it wasn't the 5th vehicle and on a second policy by itself (they only allow 4 per policy). My camaro was under $70 /months when it was on policy 1. I don't like the restrictive collector car insurance (only drive on certain days and certain range form home, etc) so I keep everything on a standard high limit policy.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I pay $11.25 a month for $10K in full coverage for a 69 beetle through Haggerty. I move up to $30 a month for basic coverage on a 2000 Crown Vic with State Farm. When you get into the house, wife car, life bundle...... it sky rockets from there. Good Luck. Nice MG

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I paid $200 up front for 6 months of coverage with Geico for the bare minimum in Louisiana. That's on my everyday vehicle I commute to work with. Shop around some insurance companies are ridiculous. Progressive went up to $120/month for me and that's what finally forced me to move away after being a loyal customer for 10 years. Couldn't believe Geico was so much cheaper.

Top Bottom