Cheap range shooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firearmsnovice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Bossier City
    Hey guys, i am lookin around online and heep noticing some nice surplus pistols, etc. I was wondering if yall had any input on a good range pistol, that wont break the bank, around 250 to 300 dollars if possible, any suggestions?? thanks!!

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    CZ82, but if you are doing a volume of shooting, might as well spend $400-$600 and get a nice 9mm, you will spend much more on ammo than a gun if you do any decent volume of shooting. I am not a big fan of .22 pistols, to finicky and I have loading 9mm down to a nickel or less...

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Why can't your primary be your range shooter? I mean,the tool and skills that'll save your life should be about 90% if not 100% of your range time anyway,right? If your choice of personal protection is pea shooter pocket protector and you hate shooting it because it hurts,then maybe you should look into something that will work for you. Might as well make your choice of CC gun the best shooter for you no matter what it is. Just my .02

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    At $209 shipped I might buy another 38 caliber revolver that I definitely don't need. If you're looking for something that's inexpensive but not cheap and will teach you the fundamentals of trigger control the Model 10 S&W is pretty hard to beat. Once you learn good enough trigger control to work a DA revolver accurately the semi automatics come easy in my opinion.

Dave

firearmsnovice

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Bossier City
    Carry gun is a Glock32, i have many firearms and im just looking for something new, you know just to keep things interesting, i love them with a passion and i collect, just wanted something new guys!!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I think a 40 S&W barrel conversion would be easier than a 9mm Luger. If I'm wrong someone correct me please. But the mass of the 357 sig and 40 S&W in the slide is the same while the 9mm luger is different. So a 9mm luger barrel with the different magazines may not work. But a 40 S&W barrel will still work with the same 357 sig magazines and slide without difficulty.

Dave

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I think a 40 S&W barrel conversion would be easier than a 9mm Luger. If I'm wrong someone correct me please. But the mass of the 357 sig and 40 S&W in the slide is the same while the 9mm luger is different. So a 9mm luger barrel with the different magazines may not work. But a 40 S&W barrel will still work with the same 357 sig magazines and slide without difficulty.

Dave

You are technically correct, in that you can swap a .40 barrel for a .357 barrel without doing anything else, and in that a regular 9mm barrel from the same model gun won't just drop in. You have to order a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel from someone like BarSto or EFK and in most cases buy 9mm magazines. It is still just a barrel swap unless you feel the need to lighten the recoil spring. Those barrels run in the ~200 dollar range unless you order them match grade fit, so he'd still be saving money and have a better training tool besides.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

Dave

9mm barrel will work fine.

I've got a .357SIG Glock, a Factory .40 barrel, and a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel, with the night sites it'll shoot most things, and I've got $510in the whole package.

Works fine.

Top Bottom