Cheapest (as of now)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Hey boys,
    I've been hiding for the past few months, catching up on school, work, life, etc.

I'm planning on buying a minimum of 3 boxes of regular 9mm FMJ (I prefer Winchester) and at least 1-2 boxes of Gold Dots per paycheck from now until... the end of the world or Barack shuts everything down and we revert to our BOBs and survival skills to make it through, whichever comes first.

Who's got the cheapest right now and what's the best for storing it? Mind you, college budget + working two jobs + dog = don't want the state of the art locker.

Thanks!!

Miss y'all ;-)

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Ammo cans can be had for $3.00 apiece with good seals. Those plus a Dessicant will hold well.

As for best price. reload :D

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Hey boys,
    I've been hiding for the past few months, catching up on school, work, life, etc.

I'm planning on buying a minimum of 3 boxes of regular 9mm FMJ (I prefer Winchester) and at least 1-2 boxes of Gold Dots per paycheck from now until... the end of the world or Barack shuts everything down and we revert to our BOBs and survival skills to make it through, whichever comes first.

Who's got the cheapest right now and what's the best for storing it? Mind you, college budget + working two jobs + dog = don't want the state of the art locker.

Thanks!!

Miss y'all ;-)

Right now, its not about the cheapest, but actually who has ANYTHING!

If you keep checking with your local Wal-Marts, they usually have the WWB 100 round packs for under $20, or the Blazer brass for under $9 per 50. I dont think they carry Gold Dots, so someone more local to you may have a better place for you to be able to pick them up, or you could maybe save that allotted allowance for the GD's and buy them by the case via the internet, say every 5-6 checks instead. This would probably be the most viable method, for someone who appears as busy as you are, instead of wasting time+money driving around looking for 1-2 boxes.

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    You mean who has it at all right now? :)

The best way for storing it would be in an ammo box (metal preferred but plastic acceptable) that seals via gasket and throw some desiccant gel packs in there with your ammo.

As far as who has ammo, I can't help you there. I buy all of my WWB from Walmart when they have it and all of my Speer Gold Dot HP from ammunitiontogo.com if they have it.

Last edited:

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    Usually I get it from Morey, but with my schedule right now, I'm not able to get to his place very often.

Tin foil hat going on: If I buy online, say, a case of GD's, are they going to track me? :ninja:

Conceyted

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Metairie, LA
    Track you? Erm, I guess anything is possible. But I just ordered about 1500 rounds in the past few months from online vendors so I sure hope not :)

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Usually I get it from Morey, but with my schedule right now, I'm not able to get to his place very often.

Tin foil hat going on: If I buy online, say, a case of GD's, are they going to track me? :ninja:

who knows. :dunno: You might already be on a tracking list seeing as you are on a Pro-Gun website and have a CCW license (I *think*).

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I found the 9mm :D

attachment.php

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    you can find those tuperware contaners for cheap,and throw a couple grains of rice to help absorb moisture plus decient ones are water tight,,,,findong ammo cans is starting to be a pain in the ass as well...

ReilleysMom32

Drunkie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    NOLA
    So the tupperware works just as well as long as you consider moisture control aka rice? I was looking on Army Surplus and some of the ACs are getting up in price.

Is it bad to keep the ammo in the original box to help with storage? I know I won't be able to fit as much, but I'm also looking at how much it'll weigh per container so I can avoid making it too heavy.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    So the tupperware works just as well as long as you consider moisture control aka rice? I was looking on Army Surplus and some of the ACs are getting up in price.

Is it bad to keep the ammo in the original box to help with storage? I know I won't be able to fit as much, but I'm also looking at how much it'll weigh per container so I can avoid making it too heavy.

I got ammo cans for you for 6.00 each, and i am local to you if you are interested. I advise the metal over the plastic because plastic can crack and be crushed much easier, which even if it doesn't break, it could compromise the seal and basically become a big water bucket. i have transferred about 75% of my ammo to metal cans already.

Last edited:

WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    just order a case (or three :) ) from any of the vendors linked above. In the meantime check walmart or academy

tb2

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    BR, LA
    Academy here had some prety decent 9mm, i picked up a 100 pack for a fiend of mine, and it was $25, that was remington, however, i could have picked up two monarch 50 round boxes for $11 each. But some people, no matter how free something is, will never learn to accept cheap ammo.

But the academy here in baton rouge, on siegan, had a decent 9mm selection last sunday.

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    What would be even more econimical would be to buy reloading components and go to a fellow BSers house that already has dies for 9mm and make your own. You would end up with either double the ammo for the same price or the same amount of ammo for 1/2 the price. You are welcome to come use my press but I am about 2 hours from NO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom