Check this out (yellow jacket nest)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    My Cousin who is a marine, retired.. was clearing his land in Ark and was new to tractors and live pto.. He ran over a nest, abandoned the tractor and bushhog, only to run over his feet with the hog and trap himself under it.. it cut off his foot, mangled the other one, and he laid on the ground and received hundreds of stings..
    He was tough , and actually was tough enough to make the 911 call and direct the folks in to his property..
    He is tough as nails..

tun_o_matic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I had one in the corner of a play house. I soaked it at night with wasp spray. Went back a few days later and there were still moving yellow jackets in a huge pile underneath. As I tore the nest down, I freaked when I came across the face of a baby doll the yellow jackets built their nest over.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Only yellow jacket nests I've ever had to fight were in the ground. They seem to like the ground beneath pine trees. When you find the nest, you wait until dusk and then pump insecticide down the entrance holes.

I can't imagine letting any type of insect nest getting that big where I could see it.

I prefer a little gas or injector cleaner and a grill lighter. This is not something you want to over do though. The ground going thump under-foot is just lagniappe.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    My Cousin who is a marine, retired.. was clearing his land in Ark and was new to tractors and live pto.. He ran over a nest, abandoned the tractor and bushhog, only to run over his feet with the hog and trap himself under it.. it cut off his foot, mangled the other one, and he laid on the ground and received hundreds of stings..
    He was tough , and actually was tough enough to make the 911 call and direct the folks in to his property..
    He is tough as nails..

WOW...talk about a really bad day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom