chevron complies with sb51

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gezzuzz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Just drove thru chevron gate in Venice .. They ask us if we had a firearm, we didn't. But said if we did we would need to fill out something. I'm I required to tell them... And do they have the right to make you fill something out?

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I received a call Wednesday morning from one of our highpower shooters. He had a friend who worked for FedEx. Earlier this week they asked him if he had a gun in his car. He replied "yes" and they terminated him for it. The law goes into effect today.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I received a call Wednesday morning from one of our highpower shooters. He had a friend who worked for FedEx. Earlier this week they asked him if he had a gun in his car. He replied "yes" and they terminated him for it. The law goes into effect today.

This kind of thing makes me angry at companies like FedEx for allowing their management to make a decision like this. Kinda like the Pizza Hut driver that uses his 9mm to defend himself and gets fired.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    We had no word from HR today, surprisingly. Either they don't know about this (highly unlikely), they don't care about this (also highly unlikely), or they figure that they'll claim our coprorate employee policy trumps state law. I really don't know what to make of their silence. I suppose it's possible that they don't want to bother with the hassle of setting up a storage area, and we don't have room for a separate parking lot, so they may just have decided to live with it.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Just drove thru chevron gate in Venice .. They ask us if we had a firearm, we didn't. But said if we did we would need to fill out something. I'm I required to tell them... And do they have the right to make you fill something out?

Funny, so did I. Had a mtg for a shut in.

deputy55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    prairieville
    BASF has built special locker for placement of guns that are brought to the work site. You will have to fill out a form and get a key and lock. Place your unloaded weapon in the locker. Basf also requires that you surrender you driver's license upon filling out this form and you get it back when you come to retrieve your weapon. Weapon must have a trigger locking mechanism. If your vehicle is searched and found to have a weapon, you can be banded from the facility for life. Make sure you comply with their policies or face with not being able to work there. This went into affect August 15, 2008. You must go to the main security office to fill out the form.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    BASF has built special locker for placement of guns that are brought to the work site. You will have to fill out a form and get a key and lock. Place your unloaded weapon in the locker. Basf also requires that you surrender you driver's license upon filling out this form and you get it back when you come to retrieve your weapon. Weapon must have a trigger locking mechanism. If your vehicle is searched and found to have a weapon, you can be banded from the facility for life. Make sure you comply with their policies or face with not being able to work there. This went into affect August 15, 2008. You must go to the main security office to fill out the form.

I'm glad I don't work there. The requirement of surrendering your driver's license is a bit much. Do you have to fill out the form each time you go to work?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom