Chiappa Rhino

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Heard of this already, a while back. I'll be interested when someone has actually shot one and can give a firsthand report!

Ditto.

The concept would appear to be sound in that lowering the axis would tend to dampen recoil (not that .357 is a bear or anything) but imho they missed the boat in not making it an 8 shooter. THAT would have been a boomer and make me want to at least buy one rather than wait and see if someone wants to sell theirs here after the novelty wears off :) .

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    8 shooter might kind of defeat the purpose of a 2 inch as a CCW gun. Revolvers are thick enough to carry when they hold 5 or 6, and they already flattened the sides of the cylinder into a hexagon. An octagon might just be wonky.

I too think the idea is sound - .357 is not a bear, but it isn't exactly a light recoiling cartridge either. It is probably the best candidate for this design, since it is controllable anyway, and this might make it all the more so. A .44 would probably still be too much for fast follow up shots even with the lower axis. Or it might just slam back so hard that you wish you still had the higher axis to absorb the recoil.

bjb550

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Kind of looks like a variation of the Mateba revolver, nice concept but as far as it's practicality I guess it's all about personal preference

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    Read a review about it and they say it lives up to the hype about recoil reduction, but that the trigger pull is crap (15ish pounds) and very stagy. Probably has something to do with the fact that the action is all weird. I mean, it has to take a few extra parts/movements for the hammer at the top of the gun to detonate a primer at the bottom.

You could probably get some of the same effect in recoil reduction on a regular revolver if you moved the grip upward in relation to the barrel, maybe something like a lemat. Of course, this would require an awkward forward wrist hold, kind of like with primitive pistols that were made to be as much club as gun.

Top Bottom