Chicken and Rice soup.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtalbert

Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Monroe
    This is a recipe that I often cook at the camp on cold evenings. Its pretty darn easy and dont require any precise measuring.
    I start with a medium sized pot. Probably 2 1/2 gallon or so. Ive used a 14 quart black iron pot as well.
    Put enough water to cover the amount of chicken breast you are cooking. I usually use one pack of 4 breast.
    When they are done boiling I pull them out and cut them up in small chunks.
    Put some chicken broth cubes(or the powder) in the boiling water. Enough to make it taste good to you.
    I throw the cut up chicken, a diced up onion, and a can of rotel tomatoes(whatever heat you desire on the rotel) into the pot. Now Ive also put bell pepper, mushrooms, celery or whatever I have laying around just really depends on what you like.
    Bring this all back to a simmer.
    At this point I add enough rice to the pot to give me a slightly soupy mix. I never measure it so sometimes it really soupy and sometimes its thick as a casserole.

Its a easy recipe that takes very little time and makes a ton. Other than the cost of the chicken it cost very little to make. Depending on how many you have to feed it would be easy to make a lot of this. I figure just with the regular stuff I add it feeds about 6 or 7 easy.

mtalbert

Deer Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Monroe
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329269206604.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1329269206604.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 83

bearfutedninja

coming soon
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    lafayette
    My girlfriend makes something like this minus all vegetables. Its vietnamese porrige Chicken stock ,chicken, rice onion tops salt red pepper and fish sauce

Top Bottom