Chief White fired from Baton Rouge PD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    I always tell the guys in my department who apply for Sgt (there's only 5 positions) that whoever gets the job deserves it...Same thing applies to this chief. He knew the risks.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I always tell the guys in my department who apply for Sgt (there's only 5 positions) that whoever gets the job deserves it...Same thing applies to this chief. He knew the risks.

What dept do you work for? Obviously not LPSO judging by your comment in another thread :)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is why the chief of police should be an elected position. In this case, as in New Orleans, the mayor is the de-facto chief with the acting chief only a subordinate with no real power or authority.

Yes, but you also elect a mayor to better the city you reside in. So, how can he achieve his objective or mandate if his Chief can have other goals?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    So now the issue seems to be whether he actually has Civil Service protection or not . Complicated situation with a lot of varied opinions by different officials . It'll be settled by the Courts I'm sure .

Top Bottom