Child Gun Deaths Shake Louisiana Communities

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Having a firearm in the house also increases your ability to save your family should the situation present itself where one is need to protect them.

Excerpt from article:

"But the data is the data," she said. "Having a gun in the house greatly raises that risk of homicide, suicide and accident. If it's there, if there's access, you're leaving open the door for that fatality to happen."

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Child-gun-deaths-shake-Louisiana-communities-4664566.php

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    This is what "they" say.... it's what "they" always say and it's what "they" will say until none of "them" are left. If there was only one liberal anti-gunner on the face of the earth, then this is what "they" would say. Typical... sort of like a pig snorts or a cow moos or a dog barks... "they" spout their hypothetical what-if's and yea buts. That's just the way it is. Yea, it's true that a kid might pick up a firearm (shame on the parent for leaving it in an unsafe place) and shoot themselves or someone else... however, it's also true that at any time a meteor might come crashing through the roof and kill that same child. There are loads of "what-ifs" in life. They will never quit... so we should be like them and never quit either.

EDIT:
    OK... I just started to read the article... I am not going any further than this: "a 13-year-old Ascension Parish boy was shot in the head, and his 14-year-old friend was arrested for killing him by accident when playing with a stolen .38 after smoking marijuana. This is exactly what I was talking about. Two Criminals that happened to be teens getting high and one shot the other... no surprise there. Just like the other post with the 6 year old bike thief that when caught went for the officer's gun.... no surprise there either. They are learning this behavior from someone.... most likely their parents.

Last edited:

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Always easy for "them" to say that having a gun increases the chance of someone getting shot. No Sh*t! Having bread in my house increases the chance that I am going to eat a sandwich too, moron!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Wow! They did an excellent job of gathering a truly great ensemble of the most moronic anti-gun organizations, arguements, & individuals the gun control crowd has to offer!

Including Barbara Norton in the article puts on exclamation point on their committment to giving even the most unintelligible voices of this issue a platform, as well. Good for them!! :cheers:

Top Bottom