Chip it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I have an 02 crewcab with the 6.0 and I have found the best thing to do is drive like a 88 year old grandmaw!! Just pedal it the best you can!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have been a car nut since grade school. I have modified and raced cars to either get more speed or increase mpg. What I have learned is it's pretty easy to make them go faster but dam hard to increase mpg. The best mpg increaser is how you use your right foot, both on the gas petal and brake petal. When my wife drives her mileage is consistently 2 to 3 mpg less than when I drive the same car. I know why that is but I keep my mouth shut.

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I have been a car nut since grade school. I have modified and raced cars to either get more speed or increase mpg. What I have learned is it's pretty easy to make them go faster but dam hard to increase mpg. The best mpg increaser is how you use your right foot, both on the gas petal and brake petal. When my wife drives her mileage is consistently 2 to 3 mpg less than when I drive the same car. I know why that is but I keep my mouth shut.
    You, Sir, are a smart man!

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    I'm calling BS on that 16mpg but whatever.
    I have 2 suburbans both 2500. The 6.0 is 2wd and gets 12.5. Best EVER was 13.9 after a tune up and my grandpa drivin it with the AC off.
    My 4x4 has an 8.1 and it get 8-9mpg loaded or unloaded
    I know it's hard to believe, but certainly not BS. I have no reason to lie and nothing to gain from this. I usually keep my speed below 65mph on the hwy because the mpg does go down the faster I go due to wind resistance. I used to drive hotshot for the oilfield in this truck so I've had plenty of opportunities to calculate my mpg. Now my gas milage in the city is another story. At best I've calculated 10mpg driving around town. Believe what you want but 400 miles on 25gal of fuel will always equal 16mpg.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I'm calling BS on that 16mpg but whatever.
    I have 2 suburbans both 2500. The 6.0 is 2wd and gets 12.5. Best EVER was 13.9 after a tune up and my grandpa drivin it with the AC off.
    My 4x4 has an 8.1 and it get 8-9mpg loaded or unloaded
    16 may be possible with the the right tire size and babying it, on premium fuel MAYBE. Not the way I drive though. Wife had a yukon denali with 6.0 AWD and I actually got 18 out of it but that was flat roads going 55-60. Otherwise, it always got 14.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    sorry missed that part. youre gtg then if youre not driving it all over. having a motorcycle definitely helps justify keeping it

and yes....when it hits.

If things work out I'll be driving it all around, southern La for work, and up to the ozarks to build my cabin for the next couple years. (home on wheels)

After that IF things work out I'll buy a 4 plex.

Top Bottom