Chipolte Restaurant added to list of restaurants than ban guns thaks to these two!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would ask those two derps to leave also.

JR1572

They look like buffoons. Seriously - bringing an AR to a restaurant is STUPID. Why do people keep pushing that issue? Even police officers leave their ARs in the car. A small, simple sidearm is one thing. An AR is a different story. Idiots. Idiots. Idiots.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    They look like buffoons. Seriously - bringing an AR to a restaurant is STUPID. Why do people keep pushing that issue? Even police officers leave their ARs in the car. A small, simple sidearm is one thing. An AR is a different story. Idiots. Idiots. Idiots.

Nothing says 'Murcia louder than a Tapco'ed out SKS.

JR1572

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Chipolte Restaurant added to list of restaurants than ban guns thaks to these...

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean that you should do it. Sometimes gun owners are their own worst enemy.

I can see that pic turning into a meme soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Assh o les ! They make gun owners look like a bunch of hicks ! fat ass in basketball shorts and the skinny dumbass with the sunglasses need to be beat with a baseball bat about the head!

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    BoA8k96IUAAJodY.jpg

This makes us all look bad.

Why can't the DERPs just stay home?

Does anyone have a link to the actual statement from Chipotle?
    More than just the select quotes from the media.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    BoA8k96IUAAJodY.jpg

This makes us all look bad.

Why can't the DERPs just stay home?

Does anyone have a link to the actual statement from Chipotle?
    More than just the select quotes from the media.

It's because they just can't help themselves.

If that happened at a Chipotle within Louisiana I would ask them for their usernames.

JR1572

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Looks like they are taking the same stance as Starbucks:

Chipotle did not respond to news outlets who asked whether the new policy is an outright ban and how it will respond if people continue to bring firearms to their restaurants. In its statement, the restaurant said it declined to ban guns outright in the past because of concerns about putting employees in the uncomfortable position of having to enforce such a ban.

Let's hope it stops here and doesn't go any further.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I would ask those two derps to leave also.

I'm surprised it took all day for this to get posted here.

JR1572

Legal question...if a slung rifle is the open carry equivalent of a holstered pistol, at what point does "handling" it in public become brandishing? I mean to me the dude holding his sweet ass SKS is no different than someone pulling out their handgun in public and waving it around.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Chipolte Restaurant added to list of restaurants than ban guns thaks to these...

Legal question...if a slung rifle is the open carry equivalent of a holstered pistol, at what point does "handling" it in public become brandishing? I mean to me the dude holding his sweet ass SKS is no different than someone pulling out their handgun in public and waving it around.

I wish some legislators would have the word brandishing added to the definition section of the Louisiana Revised Statues.

Main Entry: 1bran·dish
    Pronunciation: \ˈbran-dish\
    Function: verb
    Etymology: Middle English braundisshen, from Anglo-French brandiss-, stem of brandir, from brant, braund sword, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English brand
    Date: 14th century
    transitive verb
    1 : to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly 2 : to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner
    synonyms See Synonym Discussion at swing

Main Entry: 2brandish
    Function: noun
    Date: 1599
    : an act or instance of brandishing

That's what Merriam-Webster defines it as.

Is he displaying the rifle ostentatiously? Maybe he is if someone is in reasonable fear of being shot...

JR1572

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I wish some legislators would have the word brandishing added to the definition section of the Louisiana Revised Statues.

Main Entry: 1bran·dish
    Pronunciation: \ˈbran-dish\
    Function: verb
    Etymology: Middle English braundisshen, from Anglo-French brandiss-, stem of brandir, from brant, braund sword, of Germanic origin; akin to Old English brand
    Date: 14th century
    transitive verb
    1 : to shake or wave (as a weapon) menacingly 2 : to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner
    synonyms See Synonym Discussion at swing

Main Entry: 2brandish
    Function: noun
    Date: 1599
    : an act or instance of brandishing

That's what Merriam-Webster defines it as.

Is he displaying the rifle ostentatiously? Maybe he is if someone is in reasonable fear of being shot...

JR1572

That's my question, where is the legal line drawn. Would it be okay for someone to walk around a restaurant with a pistol in their hand? As long as they don't point it at somebody that's fine?

Gambit

Mall Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Baton rouge, louisiana
    in all seriousness these idiots are lucky something worse didnt happen. I can just imagine someone with a cc permit and an itchy finger looking up from his spicy burrito and seeing these two idiots complete with scary "assault rifles" and (fearing the worst) drawing on them. Then you have a good old mexican stand off complete with innocent bystanders.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    But what would be the charge? Brandishing or disturbing the peace maybe?

If you're in a restaurant with a pistol in your hand and I'm clearly identifiable as LE and you're refusing to comply with my legal instruction, would it sound reasonable to you that you're intentional placing me in reasonable apprehension of receiving a battery?

JR1572

Top Bottom