CHP Costs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Can you guys tell me the total cost I would be looking at to get a CHP?
    Costs to include the cost of the class as well as the permit fee and any other associated fees.

Also, can anyone recommend a good instructor in Ouachita parish?

I have been wanting to do this for a long time now and I have my mom just about convinced to get hers, too.
    Now that I'm making better money(relatively), it is time to make it happen. I plan to pay for both of us, so I need as cheap a class as possible.

Thanks,
    Nathan.

Last edited:

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    NRA Certification Course: $100 - $150 (Shop around and make sure your range fee is included)
    2 Sets of Fingerprints: $5 - $10 (Depends on each law enforcement agency’s fee structure)
    3 Notary Public Signatures: $20 - $30 (Again, shop around for the best price)
    2 Passport Photos: $10
    Postage: ??? (Mailing your packet to B.R.)

**There are two (2) different CHP fees and they’re based on your residency status:

If you have lived in LA for at least 15 continuous years, at the time you submit your application, your CHP fee will be $125 for the 5-year permit.

If you have NOT lived in LA for at least 15 continuous years, at the time you submit your application, your CHP fee will be $175 for the 5-year permit.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    My class was $75 and the permit is $125. Plus the cost of a passport photo. If not lived in Louisiana for the last 15 years then add another $50 one time fee for extra background check by the LSP.

Last edited:

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I took Jerry's class in Princeton. Class was good. Learned more about the laws from here and reading for myself though. Best part of the class was that it cost 105 and that included everything, including a local detective doing prints, ID and notarizing everything for you. It is a little bit of a drive though. Just gave me an excuse to go look around at bass pro.

Top Bottom