CHP holder kills intruder in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I saw a follow-up story at Noon today where the dead guy's family says he and the woman knew each other. Looks like there's still more to this story that hasn't quite comeout yet.

charlie12, did Gary say where her CHP was from? Is this one of those out-of-state CHPs that so worried some folks that they got the law changed?

Duck Jenkins

Lone Wolf
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    NO/LA Area
    I am still not sure what the CHP has to do with the incident. I realize there is more to this story than I know but her having a CHP does not really add anything to this story. I think it make the CHP program look bad.

Safari

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2007
    Taking all of the unknowns out of the equation, if she was carrying concealed when she drew the weapon, she still needed the CHP.

Not sure about the other points....

So you can conceal a weapon in your home but you can not conceal a weapon on you when your in your home? Sounds like you have to open carry in your home unless you conceal your weapon in your home. If you conceal your concealed weapon on you while you are in your home you need a CHP. I understand.

Last edited:

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    It is still very disturbing if the LEO's confiscated all other firearms in the residence. I would flat refuse to open any safe in my house. Period! I think it is time to store some in the shop, in the camper, at the neighbors....

You know one is none and two is one!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    So you can conceal a weapon in your home but you can not conceal a weapon on you when your in your home? Sounds like you have to open carry in your home unless you conceal your weapon in your home. If you conceal your concealed weapon on you while you are in your home you need a CHP. I understand.

This is one of those "technically" issues again. Personally- I agree: I think it's kind of silly. I mean- YOU'D BE IN YOUR HOME.

Stupid example that kind of shows the irony: How can it be verboten to carry a concealed pistol in the same place you'd be perfectly legal open-carrying while naked? :rofl:

Well, technically....it is.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Ok I just got off the phone with Office Garry Flot he's PIO at NOPD. I told him we were wanting to know if the info was correct about her having a CHP and her arrest record.
    He said the records didn't show any convictions.

Arrests w/o convictions would not show.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    It was mentioned earlier that the intruder/"victims" family said they knew each other. Aren't most sexual assaults committed by someone the intended victim knows? So just because they knew each other doesn't mean he didn't have bad intentions.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I hope Tyrese's bodily fluids didn't ruin any nice rugs as he flopped around like a fish on the deck of a boat.:hs:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Ok I just got off the phone with Office Garry Flot he's PIO at NOPD. I told him we were wanting to know if the info was correct about her having a CHP and her arrest record.
    He said the records didn't show any convictions.

No we didn't get into what state the CHP was from.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Are you sure? I think they do.

The quote said "He said the records didn't show any convictions," and I am taking that literally and am willing to concede the point with better information. I would think if it included arrests, it would say so, but YMMV.

I'm willing to be educated!;)
    :squint:

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    WOW! I live on Carrollton,not far from the location of the incident. Stories like this really make me want to move out of Orleans now and not next year like I've been planning. I have a beautiful wife and a beautiful 3 year old son and I stay vigilant all the time in this neighborhood. Now,my part of Carrollton is the good side. As ya'll know New Orleans,especially Uptown,is a patchwork kind of neighborhood where the bad stuff isn't too far away. Just because you live in the better side,doesn't mean that the BGs stay away.

Recently I had to sell alot of guns since ny unemployment and left myself with 2 handguns,a rifle and a shotgun. I'm employed now,sort of,but I plan on ramping up my collection again...and my ammo surplus,which has dwindled down to a few hundred rounds. With that being said,I still feel adequately armed but the survivalist notion in me feels the urge to further fortify my home without breaking the bank. Regardless,I excersise caution in this sin city and always carry wherever I go. As far as break ins...let em try!

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Plummers family think there is more to the case because she knew him. Give me a break. How many people are victimized by people they know? I think the stats prove otherwise. Glad the lady and kids are ok. Glad the perp ain't eating on my dime.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Does this mean that your house is not an extension of your home? ;)

Nowhere in the constitution or revised statutes of the State of Louisiana does it say that your house is an extension of your home. There may be activities that are legal in your home that wouldn't be legal in your house and vice versa.

Top Bottom