CHP status

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Do you get a quick notice if your prints didn't pass? My application was mailed 28th of March and last time I called was 3 weeks ago. Response was that 'they are putting those into the computer'.
    Another question: I sent in the 3 affadavits notarized. On the application itself, I did not list any medical issues or my primary physician's name. I don't have anything that would disqualify me. Should I have put my doctor's name on the medical affadavit or listed my PCP on the form?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Do you get a quick notice if your prints didn't pass? My application was mailed 28th of March and last time I called was 3 weeks ago. Response was that 'they are putting those into the computer'.
    Another question: I sent in the 3 affadavits notarized. On the application itself, I did not list any medical issues or my primary physician's name. I don't have anything that would disqualify me. Should I have put my doctor's name on the medical affadavit or listed my PCP on the form?

Medical info is only necessary if you checked yes to any of the mental health or medication issues. That would have then required the two page set to be filled and signed from your physician.

Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    Medical info is only necessary if you checked yes to any of the mental health or medication issues. That would have then required the two page set to be filled and signed from your physician.

Thank you for quick response. I really don't want to call and ask about the status. I figure for every call, that is one less application getting processed.

Lewgee

USMC VET OIF * *
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    St Charles

I sent mine in two days AFTER you and got my print notice TODAY so.. quick.. is a relative term ;)

Last edited:

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    My dad and I sent ours in within a week of each other, both renewals, and he got his in a month. Here I am 3 weeks later and still nothing. We have the same exact name, live across the street from each other and neither of us have any arrests or anything.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mailed March 22, entered May 21st, woman told me it would be 3-6 weeks. My old man mailed his same time, entered same day, but I'd bet he gets his first, he didnt have a DD214.

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I got mine in 39 days with DD214. Just an FYI. I got mine in much shorter time than some guys here who had CH training.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dusty84
    Top Bottom