Christian activists protest gun store

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan Allison

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Houma
    I find the philosophy of pacifism to be morally repugnant. The only people who have the luxury of the "holier than thou" pacifistic attitude are people who let others fight, carry weapons, kill, and die to protect that luxury. It's childish.

Jesus was not a pacifist. He never held protests outside of sword smiths' shops. In fact, he instructed his followers to go about armed.

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
    "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
    "But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. " and some little fellow described him as the "prince of peace". Wow, quotes appearing everywhere like cockroaches. I guess if jesus carried around an actual sword instead of a metaphor and while on cross declared "punish them father for they have really f**ked up now, take vengeance!" then yeah I would say he would approve of the purchase of a desert eagle.

Fisherman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;"
    "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots."
    "But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. " and some little fellow described him as the "prince of peace". Wow, quotes appearing everywhere like cockroaches. I guess if jesus carried around an actual sword instead of a metaphor and while on cross declared "punish them father for they have really f**ked up now, take vengeance!" then yeah I would say he would approve of the purchase of a desert eagle.

No offense but I'm wondering now, what are you doing on a gun forum?

jessopher

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    covington
    I love guns lol, never said I was protesting a gunshop.
    Also never said I loved jesus? These were just post about christianity as it applies to the stance of these protesters.

Last edited:

Morgan Allison

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Houma
    Peace doesn't come about by allowing evil people to do what they will. "If you want peace, work for justice." And justice requires the ability to exercise force.

And you want to quote the Bible? How about this:
    Then Jesus asked [his disciples], “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” “Nothing,” they answered. He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
    Luke 22:35-37

And they did, in fact, arm themselves with swords.

With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
    Mathew 26:51-52

Now, it is true that Jesus says to put the sword away, but it is telling that Jesus' follower had a sword to begin with, and the willingness to use it. Obviously, Jesus did not teach that use of violence was never appropriate. It was just under these circumstances, the ones in which Jesus was to be the sacrifice, was it time to put the sword away.

Frankly, the way I read Luke 22 is that it is a commandment to be armed. Being armed should properly be considered a moral obligation. "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Being armed is the only way good people have of doing their part to keep evil from winning.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

huh?

Top Bottom