Cigars

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Partagas, I love the culebra's. I'm lucky enough to have a friend bring them back along with some other hand rolled by his uncle from the island
    Punch Gran Cru
    Montecristo
    Avo Domaine Maduros (my first cigar I ever smoked)

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I enjoy cigars, but I mostly either buy them one at a time, or get them from friends.

I am looking to start a collection. Some from THE island, and some domestics, or whatever else is good.

I know their are cigar forums, but I really do not have time to read thousands of pages to gain some information. So I'll just ask here.

What's a good humidor to get? And some start cigars? I know I like Monte Cristo's, Romeo and Juliets, and Cohibas.

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I went to the Don Juan store tasting event the other night and had a really good Oliva brand, Rubosto size, and it was the new Cain F. Very tasty and enjoyable, I bought a few.

I use a Zippo lighter with the new insert so the wick does not dry out.

At the event they had a lighter that works like a bunson burner. Works great, but too $$$.

I don't like the butane torch kind.....never works very long......

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Rocky Patel Edge Maduro Toro. (a good one I can afford often)
    La Vieja Habana from Drew Estates (I don't like all the party flavors they produce, but this one's good)

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    After burning through a pile o' money on expensive cigars I found that http://www.cigar.com has generic labels that closely approximate designer labels. Since I prefer mild churchills, I like their blue label, but they have others that are more robust. Best of all they run $2 a stick, and shipping is free on their generics.

I haven't found a generic as tasty as the 5 Vegas Gold and the 5 Vegas Classic. The Cubans are a waste of a butt-load of money. Just don't tell my Cuban wife I said that. She's worth every cent.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    I used to smoke more, but have regressed to one stogie every 6-8 weeks.

Medium strength, natural wrappers, Dominican are the way to go. Good spice, allowing flavors to seep through without overpowering tobacco tones.

HyDM Excalibur series, montecristo (original), padron X000's series, graycliff presentials, Ashton.... that's the kind of stuff ill go for. Since I don't smoke often, I wont waste the experience.

Also, minimum 1year rest for best results.

I agree that 5 Vegas are easily one of the best bang-for Buck... the series A is easily as good as any top-tier, for 1/3 the price.

Last edited:

blackened1313

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    slidell
    I cant walk around with a big stogie in my mouth, but can anyone recommend a skinny cigar like what clint eastwood smoked in the spaghetti westerns that he hated so much??

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Not an everyday cigar smoker, but I do enjoy the occasional sweet vanilla panatella from the Cigar Factory in New Orleans.

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    They're building a new cigar lounge in Covington behind Home Depot. :D:D

And they are open, Habanaport.com The have a nice selection and more coming in everyday. I picked up an Alec Bradley prensado the other day and it was darn good! They even had some La Flor Dominicana Salomon which was a limited cigar with only 3000 made, While the price is about $20 I had to pick one up because I have heard how good they were

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Macanudos.

have not smoked a whole lot, I actually prefer the macanudos I have over the cubans. Was walking around LSU today during tailgating smoke one of my last ones.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    And they are open, Habanaport.com The have a nice selection and more coming in everyday. I picked up an Alec Bradley prensado the other day and it was darn good! They even had some La Flor Dominicana Salomon which was a limited cigar with only 3000 made, While the price is about $20 I had to pick one up because I have heard how good they were

A $20 CIGAR? Wow. I never go above $3 unless it comes in a sampler. You must be LOADED.

Top Bottom