Cirque de Soleil backstage passes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Our daughter has been through quite a bit this summer. As a "consolation prize", and an atta girl, a goal to get through physical therapy and we just spoil our kids until they're gooey rotten puddles on the floor....

We're going to Vegas at an undisclosed point in time. The girlchild loves her Beatles so we're going to see the Cirque de Soleil LOVE show. We're all looking forward to it. I've seen most of the cirque's on the strip but this is the first time we're considering a backstage pass. Are they worth it, do you meet/greet the acrobats? It's not the extra expense I'm worried about. It's the HOLY COW WE HAVE BACKSTAGE PASSES!!! let-down if it really sucks.

~Cat

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have a lot of experience working backstages. A backstage pass can mean many different things. Most back stages are pretty boring and don't have a lot to see or do if you aren't working and have a real job to do. Usually the entertainers have their own rooms they are in and you can't just go visit them. If this is a pass you are buying then it probably grants you access to a meet and greet room or a media room with snacks. You won't be able to just walk around freely without being in the way of something. Of course it may also let you take the artist entrance to get inside instead of the front door. Your family will think that's pretty cool. You might also get to find your seats and sit down before the doors open to the public and maybe even see a rehearsal.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I think their VIP experience is snacks and you get to meet the entertainers for a quick pic and stuff. I think for adults is may be lame but for kids and such they will prob love it

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I was pretty hammered, but I remember without question that LOVE wasn't the typical Cirque show. Cool for sure, but not exactly an acrobatic extravaganza. Sets, costumes, effects and music-- not so much flying around doing wild and crazy things.

Just something to consider, even if you get an hour to chat up the performers. I doubt you're going to find any former Gold Medalists back there, unlike the other shows.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I was pretty hammered, but I remember without question that LOVE wasn't the typical Cirque show. Cool for sure, but not exactly an acrobatic extravaganza. Sets, costumes, effects and music-- not so much flying around doing wild and crazy things.

Just something to consider, even if you get an hour to chat up the performers. I doubt you're going to find any former Gold Medalists back there, unlike the other shows.

My wife went and saw Chris Angel's show in Vegas and she said it sucked. The cirque preformers were in teh background doing stuff. Shouldn't have been advertised as a Cirque show. Cat read reviews online to see if that's the same for Love like Sin said

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

Actually, that's kind of good. ;)

We've seen quite a few, the kids have seen enough shows that the costumes change, but the performances are somewhat similar across the board. Especially the traveling shows. So if it's different, that's cool.

I think we're going to go for the backstage passes since this is a permanent show. I wouldn't if it was a traveling cirque performance. If Abi can meet and speak to even one performer, it would be entirely worth it. From what I've read, aroundlsu is correct. We may get to see a rehearsal and see them move set pieces into place.

I think we'll spring for it. At the end of the day, it's an additional $45 per ticket. When you get to the end of the line and you're older, that $200 really doesn't mean much and you won't miss it, if it's a bomb. And if it's awesome, we'll have lifelong memories worth more than money.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    My wife went and saw Chris Angel's show in Vegas and she said it sucked. The cirque preformers were in teh background doing stuff. Shouldn't have been advertised as a Cirque show. Cat read reviews online to see if that's the same for Love like Sin said

No. I can tell you now it's not. Across the board, NOBODY has been happy with Chris Angel's show. I've been hearing that ever since the second week of its runtime. I honestly truly think the only reason it is still running is because they spent so much money on the venue.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    If you ever get a chance, do the VIP shows. Great dinner and they give some great gifts too.

The back stage passes are not back stage like anything else.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Actually, that's kind of good. ;)

We've seen quite a few, the kids have seen enough shows that the costumes change, but the performances are somewhat similar across the board. Especially the traveling shows. So if it's different, that's cool.

I think we're going to go for the backstage passes since this is a permanent show. I wouldn't if it was a traveling cirque performance. If Abi can meet and speak to even one performer, it would be entirely worth it. From what I've read, aroundlsu is correct. We may get to see a rehearsal and see them move set pieces into place.

I think we'll spring for it. At the end of the day, it's an additional $45 per ticket. When you get to the end of the line and you're older, that $200 really doesn't mean much and you won't miss it, if it's a bomb. And if it's awesome, we'll have lifelong memories worth more than money.

Oh, it's a great show, no doubt-- you will definitely enjoy it!

I just wanted you to spend the dough and not know what you'd be getting. ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom