Citadel 1911 Compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KingWhoDat

Who Dat ?!
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    May 8, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I'm going to be trading off a Glock in the next few days and picking up my first 3.5 inch 1911. It's a bargain brand Citadel, but I've had nothing but positive experiences with my 5 inch RIA and unless I'm sorely mistaken these are very similar in build quality. I don't know if Armscor makes them, or they're made in the same place with the same equipment or what exactly, but I know they are very similar. Anyone have any experience with Citadel or with this pistol in particular ? The reviews I've found have all been positive and I've yet to find a 1911 that I didn't really like anyway. I'm just a SA guy I guess. Something about a 1911 just feels right. To each his own I guess. Anyway, it's got a few upgrades over my base model RIA GI 5 inch such as a skeletonized trigger and hammer, novak style sights, and a slightly lowered and flared ejection port. I replaced the recoil spring in my last 4 inch kimber with the flat wire spring recoil kit from WC and I didn't see much benefit. I'm on a pretty limited budget, but I wanted to ask, what are some upgrades that you consider must haves for this little guy ? I plan on upgrading it a bit and testing it thoroughly but then using it as my CCW. Tossing the factory mags in favor of some Wilson mags is definitely the first order of business. What does Bayou Shooter think about the rest ? Night sights ? Trigger job ? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me ! :D

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    The 1911 is like an AR-15 in that it has it's own cottage industry. Brownell's has a catalog just for them. You can take it any direction you want.

If factory mags work, they work. A trigger job is always a good upgrade to consider. Shoot the gun first and see what it really needs. What would help you to shoot it better? Anything?

Keep in mind, if you put too much money into it you will take away from what it really is; a solid pistol at a value price. A few more hundred and you're into colt and kimber money.

I was going to build my own1911. I realized that I would pay Wilson Combat money for a parts gun. And with my amateur gunsmithing skills, not a very good one at that.

KingWhoDat

Who Dat ?!
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    May 8, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    That's a good point. A Les Baer its not. Well it's new and I'm gonna shoot a few hundred rounds Friday. Ill report back and do a write up with some pics.

tangiltows

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Denham Springs, La
    had one several years back, good gun for the money. mine had no extended safety and G.I style sights.shot it with the factory mags and had no problems. by the time i started pricing upgrades like different sights, ext safety, machine work and the like, i sent it down the road. bought a kimber pro raptor, kept it a while, down the road it went. don't even ask about the para pda-lda that i bought and sent down the road! the little guns kick! all i ever carry is hardball. wound up w/ a full size springfield armory that i changed the sights to novaks, added an extended safety and never looked back. the big guns are really just as easy to conceal, offer a more stable platform, and w/ a good holster the weight difference is negligible. just our $ 0.02. enjoy, laura&vic

Top Bottom