Class III Newbie

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kahuna_Kennen

Redneck With An AK-47
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Alexandria
    So, I am sittin' here and wonderin' what it would take, for when I'm old enough, to own "Class III" weapons like an auto AK-47 and an M-16.

I'm hearin' all things things like an FFL and other licenses I may need but I'm not sure how they apply.

Any help?

(and my apologizes if there is already a topic up)

Kennen

Kahuna_Kennen

Redneck With An AK-47
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Alexandria
    Yeah. The lowest price for an auto is for somethin' like the Mac-10, I think it was. 6-8,000 bucks. But, I'm settin' my sights high for the future, and I won't be put down.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Your answer is to decide how much you want to spend then come back to us for help when you have cash in hand. Anyone of us will be happy to help once you are ready to actually buy something. It's not difficult and you don't need an FFL or any special licenses.

On the low end, $4,000 will buy you a full auto MAC. On the high end, $20k will buy you an MP5.

I would recommend starting off Class 3 with something cheap like a silencer or short bbl rifle.

Kahuna_Kennen

Redneck With An AK-47
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Alexandria
    Ok, but isn't there some other license I need to purchase Class III, if not an FFL? Or is it fine in this state because of the laws. I, personally, can not buy a gun myself for the fact that I'll only be 16 on the 17th of Nov.

So, I'd have to talk to the parents, but cash will probably be no prob.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Ok, but isn't there some other license I need to purchase Class III, if not an FFL? Or is it fine in this state because of the laws. I, personally, can not buy a gun myself for the fact that I'll only be 16 on the 17th of Nov.

So, I'd have to talk to the parents, but cash will probably be no prob.

No, you do not need a "license" to own class III stuff. You do have to have a license to manufacture new ones, or purchase the post-86 dealer samples.

Your parents can legally buy whatever class III stuff they want, if they have the money and are not felons (in the eyes of the ATF), but you cannot legally possess them, unless they form an LLC or go the trust route when purchasing said C3 items. When doing the "normal" form 4 purchase of a C3 item, the person it is registered to is the sole person who can have access to it. I do not know the legalities of a person under the age of 21 being on a trust or LLC, and the said items being in their possession. I can just imagine the potential problems (read: Headaches) that would ensue if someone sees a 15/16 year old at the range with a full auto suppressed MAC.

Kahuna_Kennen

Redneck With An AK-47
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Alexandria
    No, you do not need a "license" to own class III stuff. You do have to have a license to manufacture new ones, or purchase the post-86 dealer samples.

Your parents can legally buy whatever class III stuff they want, if they have the money and are not felons (in the eyes of the ATF), but you cannot legally possess them, unless they form an LLC or go the trust route when purchasing said C3 items. When doing the "normal" form 4 purchase of a C3 item, the person it is registered to is the sole person who can have access to it. I do not know the legalities of a person under the age of 21 being on a trust or LLC, and the said items being in their possession. I can just imagine the potential problems (read: Headaches) that would ensue if someone sees a 15/16 year old at the range with a full auto suppressed MAC.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'd love to see their faces.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom