Cliven Bundy Cattle Rancher Situation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Forget about whatever work was done under slavery. How about when the Plantations had a bad year....So they would have to sell some of their slaves.

Children ripped from the arms of mothers. And what about when they got tired of a "runner"....so they would cobble his ankles. I'm sorry...I don't see the days of slavery ever being better than any day being free.

As far as families are concerned...It all got back to the welfare rules in which a family unit was penalized when a father and mother were together....where as a single mother got a greater monetary reward. But..some of those aspects were fixed to some degree with workfare.

As far as jobs today...The issue is simple. We need to bring more manufacturing back to the USA. Reward big business for employment of US citizens through tax breaks. We need to penalize anyone employing illegals while fixing immigration. GWB had a very good idea. And...we need to end the support of SSI after a person has ONE child on state assistance.

You have a child and ca't afford to pay for that child....Then it is time for some form of birth control until you are self supporting.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Read all of his statements in an old black man's voice and it sounds profound.

This is true. I have personally heard people of color make the same statements in reference to many in their community.

Anyway, it seems like just another timely political hit piece- something the liberal media has made quite a good living off of, historically. It doesn't hurt that the target is an elderly right-of-center white guy with little or no media savvy. Made to order.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I watched the whole thing and still don't understand how he thinks black had more freedom under slavery than they do now and that family members who were bought and sold at the whim of someone else had a better family life than they do now. To an extent I get what he is trying to say, but what he actually said is so far from the truth.

The guy is not very bright! Therefore, his articulation of his point was terrible. I watched too and I think that the media took and replaced some punctuation marks in his statement.

If I stand back objectively I hear him saying that blacks in America are more oppressed by the "Free ****" givers, then when they were oppressed by Clive's Great, Great, Great, Grandfather!

Never forget how twisted the media in the country is! Sometimes, I think I am listening to the Tass News Agency!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The guy is not very bright! Therefore, his articulation of his point was terrible. I watched too and I think that the media took and replaced some punctuation marks in his statement.

If I stand back objectively I hear him saying that blacks in America are more oppressed by the "Free ****" givers, then when they were oppressed by Clive's Great, Great, Great, Grandfather!

Never forget how twisted the media in the country is! Sometimes, I think I am listening to the Tass News Agency!

That's about what I got out of it, and if he would've just said "minorities in America are oppressed by gov subsidies because it robs them of their independence and happiness" I would've agreed. Saying that blacks are less free now than when they were slaves is demonstrably untrue.

I also see the humorous irony in a man fighting to keep getting free ****(grazing for his cattle) saying free **** oppresses people.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people came across the country to defend this guy but ignore much more compelling stories and issues(see king's ft Polk thread for an example).

Last edited:

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    That's about what I got out of it, and if he would've just said "minorities in America are oppressed by gov subsidies because it robs them of their independence and happiness" I would've agreed. Saying that blacks are less free now than when they were slaves is demonstrably untrue.

I also see the humorous irony in a man fighting to keep getting free ****(grazing for his cattle) saying free **** oppresses people.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people came across the country to defend this guy but ignore much more compelling stories and issues(see king's ft Polk thread for an example).

In the physical sense yes, in the moral and ethical sense no.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Yea...I get it. He may have "meant" to say something else.

BUT...when one gets a little bit of stardom...their 15 minutes of fame so to speak...they should realize that NOW...every word they say will be dissected. He should have hired a lawyer as his mouthpiece. I have no sympathy for him. This kind of crap is so typical. He wants to get his free land to graze cattle yet is pissed when a single mother gets free food stamps.

BS....typical BS...Just like the guy who inherited his fathers business....a business like a sugar producer which lives and dies through subsidies....Yet hates anyone who gets all that free ****.

ALSO>>>>This country is full of 50 y/os bitching about all the free chit....who in 17 years....will retire and get free medical and a SS paycheck every month. Their attitude will soften. Always been that way.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Yea...I get it. He may have "meant" to say something else.

BUT...when one gets a little bit of stardom...their 15 minutes of fame so to speak...they should realize that NOW...every word they say will be dissected. He should have hired a lawyer as his mouthpiece. I have no sympathy for him. This kind of crap is so typical. He wants to get his free land to graze cattle yet is pissed when a single mother gets free food stamps.

BS....typical BS...Just like the guy who inherited his fathers business....a business like a sugar producer which lives and dies through subsidies....Yet hates anyone who gets all that free ****.

ALSO>>>>This country is full of 50 y/os bitching about all the free chit....who in 17 years....will retire and get free medical and a SS paycheck every month. Their attitude will soften. Always been that way.

That's the funny thing, ain't it? Let's see his deed to the land. Oh, you don't have one? So you didn't pay for it, don't pay property taxes on it, AND won't pay the owners for permission to use it? Tell me all about how that isn't getting free ****...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

I will bet you they won't see ANY of this in 17 years! If a 50 year old is betting on this, I'm sorry; he/she is an idiot.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    In the physical sense yes, in the moral and ethical sense no.

What moral and ethical sense, please give examples. Modern welfare dependants still get their food and housing from someone else, but they literally have more freedoms. They can legally own firearms, vote, and walk out of their home and do whatever they want, can marry whoever they want, have kids with whoever they want, keep those kids, etc etc.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You don't see use of thousands of acres of land that doesn't belong to him is anything but free ****?

I see desert, Jack. Acres & acres of desert. :dogkeke:

If anyone is giving "free ****" in this case, it's Bundy himself. From his cows.

The environmentalist should embrace him for providing organic fertilizer- thus helping to bring life to this wasteland (saving the planet). :hi5:

:D Honest to God- I do not care that this man has been getting some use (free or not) out of this otherwise useless property. The fact is it's not good for much of anything else. Sure as hell isn't worth sending in an armed response. But that's just my .02.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    What moral and ethical sense, please give examples. Modern welfare dependants still get their food and housing from someone else, but they literally have more freedoms. They can legally own firearms, vote, and walk out of their home and do whatever they want, can marry whoever they want, have kids with whoever they want, keep those kids, etc etc.

We even let them learn to read and write now!

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA

If anyone is giving "free ****" in this case, it's Bundy himself. From his cows.

The environmentalist should embrace him for providing organic fertilizer- thus helping to bring life to this wasteland (saving the planet). :hi5:

:D Honest to God- I do not care that this man has been getting some use (free or not) out of this otherwise useless property. The fact is it's not good for much of anything else. Sure as hell isn't worth sending in an armed response. But that's just my .02.

Useless to you or not, it still isn't his land. He does not own it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

I don't care if he is using it either, what I care about is it turning into a giant waste of money for him to get off of his welfare. Save the turtles? Dumb. Taking an armed stand against losing your welfare while lamenting the oppression caused by welfare? Full retard.

Know those riots people are concerned with the day the checks go out? We are watching a scaled down version of this now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom