Coffee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We currently drink community medium roast and are thinking about moving to something better. I am looking for suggestions for pre-ground coffee that's not community, folgers, or a cheap crap-brand. And yes, I want to get into the fancy coffee stuff at some point, but for now it's a normal coffee pot that takes ground beans. Ideas anyone? :]

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    You might want to go to cafebritt.com
    It's a site that offers Costa Rican coffee, either ground or bean.
    Not real expensive, but you can get a variety of coffees to try.
    Tres Rio's is one of my favorites, along with Tarrazu and Poas.

I got hooked on coffee after being down there several times and staying a couple of weeks each time.

There is also Blue Mountain from Jamaica and Hawaiian coffee that is pretty good as well.

But hey, I like French market coffee with chicory as well....:)

Last edited:

Drummy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    NELA
    Have you tried Mellojoy? I like it. I wish we'd get something other than Community at work but for free to me, it works.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Believe it or not, McDonalds has their line of coffee in local grocery shelves....and it's damn good! About the same price as Community and with your usual toxicity choices. I was a big Community drinker at one time, and still a favorite of mine, but I guess the newness and nostalgia of the McDonalds coffee's got me on the hook for now. A close 2nd...or 3rd, depending on where I put Community, is Dunkin Donuts coffee. PJs is excellent too but a bit more pricey than the ones I just mentioned.

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I've tried many commercial brands and Dunkin Donuts original is to my liking but that's about it. Starbucks and Mellow Joy, no thanks I'll do without. Just give me a cup of Community Med/Dark roast and a teaspoon of raw sugar and I'm good to go.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Gevalia in a French Press. How you brew it makes a big difference. The French Press makes even lower quality coffee taste better. My perception is that you get a very full flavor without as much bitterness.

I bought one after watching "The History of .... Coffee" on TV a few years ago. As part of the show they discussed brewing methods and the French Press was what the "experts" on the show recommended.

Brew on...

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    ^^
    French press is the way to go. Been using one for years. Sure, it takes longer to make coffee, and only enough for a couple of cups at a time, but it's worth the wait.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We drink Community dark roast from a Bunn coffee maker to decrease the time to the first cup.
    I have to say, also, that I keep a jar of Taster's Choice instant coffee in the cupboard and have a cup occasionally. It reminds me of the instant coffee that came with the C-rations we received in basic infantry training at Camp Pendleton in 1971. It brings back the good memories of heating up some water with a sterno tab and having that hot cup of coffee up in the mountains in very cold weather.
    When I came home I bought several brands of instant coffee until I found that Taster's Choice was the one that must have been packed in those c-rats. If I am going hunting and want to save time, I microwave some water in a mug and throw in the instant coffee, some splenda and some creamer and enjoy a pretty good cup of coffee in my opinion.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We drink Community dark roast from a Bunn coffee maker to decrease the time to the first cup.
    I have to say, also, that I keep a jar of Taster's Choice instant coffee in the cupboard and have a cup occasionally. It reminds me of the instant coffee that came with the C-rations we received in basic infantry training at Camp Pendleton in 1971. It brings back the good memories of heating up some water with a sterno tab and having that hot cup of coffee up in the mountains in very cold weather.
    When I came home I bought several brands of instant coffee until I found that Taster's Choice was the one that must have been packed in those c-rats. If I am going hunting and want to save time, I microwave some water in a mug and throw in the instant coffee, some splenda and some creamer and enjoy a pretty good cup of coffee in my opinion.

cheese

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    River Roads coffee is pretty good, from what I hear. It was started by my ex-wife's uncle and it's a small Baton Rouge based company.

I'm not a coffee drinker myself, though, but I like to promote local businesses.

Last edited:

notasheeple

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    We currently drink community medium roast and are thinking about moving to something better. I am looking for suggestions for pre-ground coffee that's not community, folgers, or a cheap crap-brand. And yes, I want to get into the fancy coffee stuff at some point, but for now it's a normal coffee pot that takes ground beans. Ideas anyone? :]

Who is "We" that's drinking the coffee?

Why do you drink coffee? (Taste, caffeine, etc)

How much coffee do you drink daily/weekly?

Do you drink your coffee hot or over ice?

What is your budget for coffee?

Top Bottom