Coffee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHW2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Abita Springs
    Most "whole food" type groceries have roasted beans and a coffee grinder, makes any bean you choose a bit "fresher" tasting and more aromatic. There are so many gourmet blends and countries of origin it is impossible to guess your taste preference. Jamaican blue mountain is good, as are almost any of the Kona and Colombian types; there are differing grinds (texture) for preparation and ways to brew (pot, french press, cold drip, expresso and on and on....)that you are just going to have to do a little taste testing for the next few years to find the new "holy grail full of java" for your enjoyment.

Try a cup of Vietnamese style coffee at a Pho restaurant for a treat.

Btw, I just drink Rouses store brand chicory coffee, it's good and I am cheap.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Abita Roasting Co. Black & Tan is really good! The owners ground some fresh and gave me a French Press full for my father-in-law and I to try.

We have crappy Community Coffee at the office (Breakfast Blend, Dark Roast, & Decaf) :puke:
    We also have some dinky machine that makes "fresh" ground coffee, but it tastes horrible too.
    I'm not terribly picky, but some stuff is odd. I never cared for the Starbucks coffees, but PJ's is okay.

I have a strange obsession with Gloria Jean's and Caribou for my Keurig, but I'm definitely going to pick up some Abita Roasting Co. Black & Tan soon!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hmm might have to try that one. Why do they call it black and tan? Blend of dark and lighter roasts?

Yep, it's a mixed grind. It's delicious!

http://abitaroasting.com/shop/reserve-blends/black-tan/

Best part, the husband and wife run the whole operation and they have two locations. We met them while at the Abita Cafe. My in-laws are friends of the owners and they struck up a conversation while we were there. They have a few different kinds of coffee, but I only got the opportunity to try the black and tan.

Treadwisely

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'll try it out. I've been to the Madisonville location for breakfast and lunch but may switch my PJ's allegiance if it is good. I know it is cheaper per lb.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    http://www.frenchtruckcoffee.com is my preferred go to. They have the best cold coffee concentrate too. It's based in New Orleans, but you can buy pretty much direct from the roaster. Their shop is a giant yellow warehouse thats 80% roasting facility.

I am also an unashamed coffee snob.

84c90d8f47503805226e4701e7109ce9.jpg

I will not suffer bad coffee ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    http://www.frenchtruckcoffee.com is my preferred go to. They have the best cold coffee concentrate too. It's based in New Orleans, but you can buy pretty much direct from the roaster. Their shop is a giant yellow warehouse thats 80% roasting facility.

I am also an unashamed coffee snob.

84c90d8f47503805226e4701e7109ce9.jpg

I will not suffer bad coffee ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the one with the ugly little yellow truck?

Treadwisely

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yep, it's a mixed grind. It's delicious!

http://abitaroasting.com/shop/reserve-blends/black-tan/

Best part, the husband and wife run the whole operation and they have two locations. We met them while at the Abita Cafe. My in-laws are friends of the owners and they struck up a conversation while we were there. They have a few different kinds of coffee, but I only got the opportunity to try the black and tan.

Picked up a lb. def. a good blend. Do you know if they sell smokey dark on its own?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Whole foods coffee is roasted on site. You really want a fresh roast. You can grind it there. $9-12/lbs.
    I was kind of leaning this direction already. I have never tried their coffee, but I hear it is good. The other ideas are great too guys. I will look into each and maybe even sample all.

Who is "We" that's drinking the coffee?

Why do you drink coffee? (Taste, caffeine, etc)

How much coffee do you drink daily/weekly?

Do you drink your coffee hot or over ice?

What is your budget for coffee?

Family, girlfriend, etc. I'm asking for a group of us.

Taste, caffeine, health benefits, all that.

2-3 cups daily.

Hot and black.

No real budget set. I don't have time to grind or do any of that at the moment, otherwise I would be roasting my own beans haha.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I was kind of leaning this direction already. I have never tried their coffee, but I hear it is good. The other ideas are great too guys. I will look into each and maybe even sample all.

Just a heads up, the Abita Roasting Co. only sells whole beans. They will grind it for you upon request, but if you really want to get spiffy, I'd recommend a french press and grind them yourself.

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    Who is "We" that's drinking the coffee?

Why do you drink coffee? (Taste, caffeine, etc)

How much coffee do you drink daily/weekly?

Do you drink your coffee hot or over ice?

What is your budget for coffee?

If you have to ask these questions, then you just don't get it. Lol
    Outside of water, coffee is the beverage of life that's all encompassing and international. It's a spiritual drink that brings everyone together of all ages. Yeah, I love my coffee....especially through a french press. I may try different ones out there but still go back to my old faithful.....Community Cafe Special medium dark roast.....YUM!!

Top Bottom