Coffin

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grits

infidel
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    This has to be one of the oddest things I have built to date. Its a miniature coffin.

xo74sxfto26myfz926w.jpg

pud68q3cginiij9shi.jpg

grits

infidel
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    story behind it?

We are into geocaching. Recently the oldest cache in Louisiana was destroyed as a result of controled burning in the Kisatchie National Forest. The cache owner and some others wanted to do something special with the " remains" so they wanted a coffin built.

If your familiar with geocaching the coffin will have its own tracking number so it can be discovered at different events.

Bearco

Instructor
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    We are into geocaching. Recently the oldest cache in Louisiana was destroyed as a result of controled burning in the Kisatchie National Forest. The cache owner and some others wanted to do something special with the " remains" so they wanted a coffin built.

If your familiar with geocaching the coffin will have its own tracking number so it can be discovered at different events.

I haven't done it in a couple years, but I do enjoy it. Neat Idea.

Last edited:

gsneff

Premium Member
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    just checked out geocaching.com and may have to give this a shot. looks like it could be fun. anybody in ascension doing it?

herohog

Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I might try it IF there are handicap friendly sites I can access from my wheelchair. Looks like people DO use the automotive Navui 260's with some degree of success!

herohog

Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I gotta pay 1st for that ability. I probably will when I finally get some relief but until I can win my lawsuit against the insurance company or until the Social Security department finally realizes that I AM actually unable to work and AM disabled, we continue to live off the kindness of others and my wife's meager income I am afraid!

simplepeddler

Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    My father has owned a towing business in Ascension parish for 48 years now.

An old carpenter built his and his wife's caskets out of cypress, they were stunning (I have a gun cabinet) and he asked dad to put them on the flatbed and have brought to the upholstery guy.

When dad as "are you in a hurry Mr. Richardson?"
    classic reply....."mais I hope not"

artabr

Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    I had an old hard core biker that wanted me to build him a liquor cabinet / coffin. I didn't do it.
    It was actually a neat idea. Standup Pine box with an upper and lower door with shelving and glass & bottle racks.
    Once he kicked the bucket, pull out the insides of the box & plant him in it. ;) :D

Art

Last edited:
    Top Bottom