Color Perception or Misperception

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    6a0105371bb32c970b017ee78f9079970d-750wi

http://epod.usra.edu/blog/2013/01/color-perception-or-misperception.html

Or, what you think you see ain't what you are seeing.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm colorblind, so this picture does nothing for me. Although it is pretty funny when I have to go for a physical and female nurses blatantly refuse to believe that I am color blind.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'm colorblind, so this picture does nothing for me. Although it is pretty funny when I have to go for a physical and female nurses blatantly refuse to believe that I am color blind.

Same here. I had to get so many waivers in the Corps just to do anything. But that was back when they were giving away waivers. Want to jump out of a plane but are color blind? Do you know which color is on top? works for me lol

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, my GT scores were pretty high so they were offering me some nice MOS's, unfortunately NBC, EOD, ANYTHING with electronics and all the other fun stuff required normal color perception. I think I should get some kind of disability pay, or at least something for discriminating against the handicapt.

The nurses at MEPS got angry at me for "guessing" the wrong colors. They had this thing with 3 lights in it and wanted me to tell them what color I saw. Apparently when I started saying what I saw, they didn't like the fact that they weren't even the colors available. I told them from jump I was about as colorblind as a person can be and still be able to see some color, but women refuse to believe it.

I know a lot of people that are colorblind, but I meet people all the time, older 30's and 40's that have never known anyone that was colorblind.

I wanted to do a ribbon for my struggle, but couldn't figure out what color to go with lol

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mike_717
    Top Bottom