Colt Frontier Six Shooter (keeper ???)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    ]I have a Colt Frontier Six Shooter in .44-40 that was given to me by my dad. Was wondering if this is something to hang on too, and pass on to the son. Anybody out there have a blue book, that could give me a estimate of the value of this? No rust or pitting, and it shoots great.

Guess I should add that the only dates I see are the patent dates: The latest being Jan. 19, 1875. Serial # starts 328XXX. Any help or info about this would be greatly appreciated.
    hogin
    [/URL][/IMG]
    hogin
    [/URL][/IMG]
    hogin
    [/URL][/IMG]
    hogin
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I have a Colt Frontier Six Shooter in .44-40 that was given to me by my dad. Was wondering if this is something to hang on too, and pass on to the son. Anybody out there have a blue book, that could give me a estimate of the value of this? No rust or pitting, and it shoots great.

Guess I should add that the only dates I see are the patent dates: The latest being Jan. 19, 1875. Serial # starts 328XXX. Any help or info about this would be greatly appreciated.

:rolleyes:

Umm, yes.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Wow, not what I was expecting. I thought it was just a old gun grandpa left me. I love to shoot it, and get quite a few crazy reactions from people who see me with it. But no one ever ever gave me any indication that it was valuable. Not that I had any intention of parting with it, it was grandpa's and dad's gun. But I will take better care of it now. (it now has a place in the safe, not in the nightstand lol) Thanks for the replies.

Top Bottom