Colt HBAR vs Gieselle Trigger ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beaver Creek

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Denham Springs (Watson Area)
    Just bought a Gieselle match trigger and it wont install in my circa 1993 Colt HBAR. It's a large pin (Mod R6600 I believe). There's a metal block (see pic) beneath the safety that prevents the new trigger from going into place. The block is pinned from 1 side and a small roll pin to the top of the receiver in a fashion that it cannot be removed without drilling it out. I believe this could have been Colt's attempt to comply with the order to prevent M16 sears from installing. Just guessing. Has anybody else encountered this? I think I may have a new match trigger I can't use in this rifle.

IMG_0875.jpg

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    its known as "the block". Basically you need someone with a real big drill press or a milling machine. The pins are hardened and will not be drilled out by anything with any flex. You mess up trying this you will junk the reciever.

IN the early days of ar's in highpower, frank white would charge an extra 45 to put in one of his triggers with that block.

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    Palmetto State has lowers on sale for $50 right now. It might be easier to just start from scratch with the lower than try to modify the one that you have.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes I have a Colt HBar Target Match from 1992. It has the same block. It's a piece of aluminum that was never machined out of the frame. At least that's what I was told anyway... It sits where the parts to make it an automatic weapon would go. It was an attempt to placate the anti-gunners at the time. Does you lower have standard sized pins or the oversized Colt ones? I got lucky. Normal sized pins.

Dave

Top Bottom