Colt Python .357

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PRIMEBEEF12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Bossier City
    I have a Colt .357 Python with 6" barrel that I am looking to sell. My dad gave it to me about a year ago and I never had a chance to fire it. It is in good conidtion, but could use a good cleaning and has a broken screw that allows the cylinder to slide out of the gun when loading. Not sure how much this screw costs but dont think its not too expensive. The head of the screw is fine and looks like it would be very easy to fix. I dont really know a whole lot about guns and i dont have the time to fix it. I checked the serial # against a few websites and the gun was made in 1974. Other than the screw the only other issue is a small chip on the handle (which you can see in the picture), and the two pieces of the grip seem to be off just a little bit on the back. I'll include a box of hollow point rouns. Located in Bossier City, I'm asking $600 OBO. Thanks

PRIMEBEEF12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Bossier City
    mail.jpg

PRIMEBEEF12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Bossier City
    No it was with me in North Carolina during katrina, I only moved to Bossier City 2 1/2 years ago, im active duty Air Force and got stationed at Barksdale AFB.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Not trying to be critical, just curious as to what caused the deterioration of the finish.

Also, I'm asking this in the thread and not in PM's because I think its important for any potential buyer to know.

Last edited:

PRIMEBEEF12

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Bossier City
    Honestly I dont know, all i know about guns is how to handle/shoot them, and the basic field strip stuff the Air Force has taught me. Could it be from just not having any oil on the surface for a long long time? I know the guy from dad bought it from and he was a rich guy who probably just bought it to show it off. It probably hasnt been fired once in the last 10 years.

thewiz828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Hmmm, "My dad gave it to me about a year ago", But it was with him in 2005 in NC during Katrina....??? Interesting.

Just an observation.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Hmmm, "My dad gave it to me about a year ago", But it was with him in 2005 in NC during Katrina....??? Interesting.

Just an observation.

Well, if he and his dad were both in NC in 2005, than its entirely possible.

I would like to know whats the status on this piece. Is it still for sale?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom