Commerical grade fillet knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    I'm looking for a commerical grade fillet knife. I'm not so much worried about the price because I look at it as the knife will pay for itself with the amout of fillets I catch. This is what I got, I have a number of hoop nets and catch plenty catfish and the knives I bought in the past don't hold up. I tried the original mister twister and that lasted me about a year and I burnt up the motor in it, so then I got the salt water mister twister and that one is going on about a year and a half and the motor on it is starting to go out. I look at the rapala ones but I'm nervous about getting one cause it looks like the replacement blades are hard to find for it. If I have to I will just buy a mister twister every year or so but I was looking for a knife to last me about 3-5 years. I'm cleaning about 500 to 800 fish a year so I would really like to find a decent knife. Thanks.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've got a Dexter and a cutco filet knives. They both work well. Not sure on the electric ones, I'm been thinking about picking one up.

Once you get used to electric you'll probably wonder what took you so long it is much much faster with practice put in just might mess up one or two getting used to it. I still like to use my dexter fillet knife now and again to keep up with the practice.

I've owned the mister twister and still have it but the wife got me a berkly that can connect to a car battery as well as ac power. I'm never burnt a motor up on one though lol.

Here is the one I have now. http://www.amazon.com/Berkley-Deluxe-Electric-Fillet-Knife/dp/B002V0EB9S

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    Haha yea like I said I burnt up 2 motors but when I'm cleaning it's from 50-100 catfish all at once and I guess them lil motors ain't made for all that fish.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    We keep a couple mister twisters on hand and change them out when they begin to get hot. Keep plenty of spare blades on hand as well. The next time I'm in grand isle I'm gonna have to see what brand the guides clean specks and reds with.

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    Electric bread knives work better and last longer than "electric filet knives" . And cost cost alot less!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Dexter / Russels!

Electric knives are for hack butchers and fish wasters! You should be able to read a newspaper through a properly filleted fish frame.

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I have been considering the knife from Bubba Blades. Good quality blade with the best handle design I have seen. Look it up on youtube and watch the videos. It is pretty impressive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom