Competent Barber Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey all, I'm seeking a barber/shop capable of a good short haircut. By short I mean high and tight/fade style cut. Lately I've been getting my hair cut in this style and find few barbers seem to take the time to do a good job, or know how in the first place. I find the turnover rate in some shops tend to be pretty high. So when I find a good one they leave. Thought some of the LEOS, military or others with the same male pattern baldness denial issues might have a suggestion.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Cedercrest / Sharp Rd At Old Hammond. There is a barber shop next to Reeve's. The guys there are really nice and do a great job. Oh, and the guy that owns the shop now carries a gun on his hip at all times. I used to go there, but now Supercuts works better for me.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Clippers and cut my own, but before I did that, I went to Luther's inmthe bocage shopping center for most of my life. They did my high and tight for the first 4 years of my career biweekly.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I'll 2nd Troy's. His dad cut mine for years before he retired and I moved. He was the only barber that ever cut my flat top free hand without a guard. Troy is just as good. If you were out in Denham Springs I would say Hal's Barber shop.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I tried Master Cut barber shop on N Harrell's Ferry next to Reeves supermarket today. WOW I'm impressed! I haven't been to a men's barber shop since I was a kid with my dad. What a difference. I used to go to shops with women barbers. Although easier on the eyes I had to sit there and pretend to be interested in their conversation. haha Not today. While admiring the huge stringer of trophy large mouth bass, and deer mounts Dennis and I talked guns, hunting and my favorite politics. It was like reading the posts here on BS! He trimmed the caterpillars above my eyes without having to be asked, and vacuumed up all the trimmings. There wasn't even hair left in my ears, except for what grows in there naturally of course. Big thanks to AustinBR and all the others who took the time to answer my post. Sincerely, thank you. This internet forum thing is kind of handy, ask a question get an answer.

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    It is probably out of your way but there is a great barber shop in Gonzales on 44 called Riverside. Haven't been in a few years but that is where most LEO's and military in the area go. Think they only take cash.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom