Concealed carry & Leo's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    I am new the forum but interested if anyone knows of any groups or organizations that work with or foster the interaction or relationship between concealed carry and Leo's? It would seem there should be some sort of peace officer training given the numbers of citizens choosing to carry.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The LEO's are trained and if you have a LA. CHP you should know how to interact with LEO's. What exactly are you looking for?

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    A carry permit does not make u a peace officer it only gives u the priviledge of carrying a concealed weapon. There is no relationship.
    I am new the forum but interested if anyone knows of any groups or organizations that work with or foster the interaction or relationship between concealed carry and Leo's? It would seem there should be some sort of peace officer training given the numbers of citizens choosing to carry.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    if anyone knows of any groups or organizations that work with or foster the interaction or relationship between concealed carry and Leo's?

Not that I am aware of but would probably be a beneficial thing

It would seem there should be some sort of peace officer training given the numbers of citizens choosing to carry.

There might be something similar to this out there, I'm sure someone will comment if there is

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Are you asking if there is an SSO/sheriff's posse?

I don't think those sort of things exist much any more.

Personally I dont need a badge or t-shirt that says I'm not a cop to do the right thing. If you wear a gun, you are acknoledging that there are bad people among us wanting to do bad things. If you then stand by and allow something bad to happen when you could have stopped it, then you should reconsider carrying. My 9mm isnt for comfort or style, its for putting down anyone trying to do harm in my imediate surroundings.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I am by no ways saying seek out trouble because it doesnt need your help. It will find you fine on its own.

But, if you are armed and you dont stand like a man (or woman) and protect those in your imediate surroundings and someone dies when you could prevented the death you should feel responsible.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This may not be what the OP is asking, but here's some food for thought:

As soon as I'm pulled over, the window goes down, and hands are on the steering wheel.

If I'm asked to provide anything (license, registration, insurance, candy bars) I inform the LEO that I have a CHP and I am carrying (or not carrying).

My last interaction was at an accident. The Officer introduced himself and asked for my license. I informed him, before reaching for anything, that I have a CHP and I'm carrying. He asked if I was carrying on my person or in the vehicle (given it was an accident with lots of people around). I informed him it was on my person and he was relieved, stating that he was glad it wasn't in the vehicle.

I've never had any issues with LEO and carrying. Most are happy that a citizen has taken the responsibility to carry.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Don't play games and you won't have to worry about a prize.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Concealed carry & Leo's

But, if you are armed and you dont stand like a man (or woman) and protect those in your imediate surroundings and someone dies when you could prevented the death you should feel responsible.

I have to completely disagree. By not acting in a situation, no one should ever feel responsible. That's complete bull sh!t. You have the option to act or not. If you or your family is not in danger, screw everyone else if you so wish. Your responsible for saving your own ass; not everyone else's.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I have to completely disagree. By not acting in a situation, no one should ever feel responsible. That's complete bull sh!t. You have the option to act or not. If you or your family is not in danger, screw everyone else if you so wish. Your responsible for saving your own ass; not everyone else's.

Look everyone has to make their own chioces in life, but tell me if your son, daughter, wife, mother, father, ect. had a bad guy pointing a gun at them and I had a chance to save their life and I didn't want to get shot, would you want me to protect your family?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Concealed carry & Leo's

Would I want you too; of course I would. Would it be your fault if they died at the hands of someone else if you chose not to help them; NOT at all. Would I help in a situation if I could, probably. Would I intervene if I was with my family and we where not in danger, even though I have the means, probably not. Their life is worth more to me than mine, yours or some nobody on the street. Me getting back to my family is equally as important.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Would I want you too; of course I would. Would it be your fault if they died at the hands of someone else if you chose not to help them; NOT at all. Would I help in a situation if I could, probably. Would I intervene if I was with my family and we where not in danger, even though I have the means, probably not. Their life is worth more to me than mine, yours or some nobody on the street. Me getting back to my family is equally as important.

Well I can agree some sutuations particularly when my wife and daughter are present. They are my ultimate priority. Also it is important that I make it home to them in one piece. But when my wife and kid are safe and someone elses is not, I believe its up to us to protect our brothers and sisters from those who seek to harm them. And as the good book says we are to "treat others as we want to be treated".

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Every situation is different but I will never feel responsible for what I could have done. Elderly and children I may feel the need to help but for the most part I will roll out the door and call the police. I'm not gonna die or end up in jail because I wanted to play hero dude!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Every situation is different but I will never feel responsible for what I could have done. Elderly and children I may feel the need to help but for the most part I will roll out the door and call the police. I'm not gonna die or end up in jail because I wanted to play hero dude!

I aint no hero nor do I care to be. And again I aint looking for trouble but if its clear who the bad guy is and if someones life is on the line, I cant stand by or tuck tail. There's a reason I practice and there's a reason I'm always armed, and it aint cause I'm afraid to meet my maker. This aint the wild west and I aint the Duke, but my life dont mean nothing only what I do with it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I aint no hero nor do I care to be. And again I aint looking for trouble but if its clear who the bad guy is and if someones life is on the line, I cant stand by or tuck tail. There's a reason I practice and there's a reason I'm always armed, and it aint cause I'm afraid to meet my maker. This aint the wild west and I aint the Duke, but my life dont mean nothing only what I do with it.

Well I don't feel obligated to help those that are too lazy to train and carry.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well I don't feel obligated to help those that are too lazy to train and carry.

Let you consience be your guide. Personally I couldn't forgive myself if someone died and I could have prevented it if I had not decided it wasnt my problem. If you witness a horrible traffic accident, would you help or would you just say that idiot shouldn't have been texting/drinking/speeding/you name it?

Top Bottom