Concealed carry while jogging?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Does anyone carry while jogging or exercising? How is one supposed to keep the gun from flopping around, and possibly falling out of its holster?

What about keeping it dry (even though I don't mind cleaning it every couple of days)?

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I don't cc yet but I was thinking about this yesterday. Probably a thigh holster that has a strap with a snap on it that goes over the top of the gun when holstered. I usually wear loose fitting pants whem workinh out so I think once I get my chp it would work.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Belly band is the ONLY way to go ;) Its pretty cheap too! I do dont make it a habit to carry while jogging but have before and it was comfortable and secure.

If it wasn't for the fact that my RM low rider conceals SO well, I would use the belly band all the time, VERY COMFORTABLE!!

nevets

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I just got mine in - I ordered a PT-1 from

http://www.pistolwear.com/holsters.htm

I tried the shirts and the gun bounced around a little too much for me - I have a little Diamondback that I CC when I jog and it works great. You can tighten down the strap pretty tight and the gun seems fairly secure I'm not sure I would be very comfortable doing any type of obstacle course with it, but just jogging on the Levee like I do, and it works fine.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Well, if I start walking/jogging (and really don't want to), I have to carry because there are a lot of wild dogs out here. Also, I want to take the chances of a coyote or deer popping out of the woods to attack me, though I have to wonder if a .380 would actually stop a deer.

Anyway, I got my NRA catalog today and they FINALLY made a sweatshirt designed for concealed carry. I was excited until I saw the price.... OMG! $60!

Last edited:

skipper1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    How about a Maxpedition style Pack worn across the chest? It would carry and iPod, wallet, phone, compact gun, reload etc.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    For walking try Thunder wear, probably not for running (no retention). It rides low on your hips (not around your waist) inside your jogging pants. I think it was 30 or 40 or so at a gun show. Its good if you dont want to carry a bag or wear belt. It just velcros around you. I carried a XD .45 in one for awhile. Or just wear pants with a belt and go with the Crossbreed.... http://www.thunderwear.com/holsters.asp

Last edited:

JP762

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    River Ridge
    Thigh rig is not concealed. Open carry, while under Louisiana Constitution is legal, is never a good idea

I've tested my Safari Land while running, crouching, climbing, etc. No retention, still works...

Blackhawk Serpa holsters lock.. (not a fan personally)

If you have a good holster for your gun it shouldn't come out on its own.

Those wrap arounds seem ace for jogging, never used one..

Fanny packs! Ha! They make something called a "fast action gun bag"... FAG Bag.... not a joke haha

Last edited:
    Top Bottom