Congrats...you've just been handed $2000 and you are going to buy....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    If you saw a bunch of your buddies telling another buddy how much fun it is to stick their fingers in a mouse trap, wouldn't you feel responsible for letting the buddy know that the mouse trap is going to hurt his fingers? I sure wish someone would have warned me.

I certainly agree with airing dirty laundry here. Which is why I didn't do it. Which is also why, even after "The Spotless One" started prodding me, I still only offered to share my experiences via PM.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    "...This test burned over 62 pounds of ball powder and the fired brass filled five large plastic pails."*
    *http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/308-winchester-barrel-life-2728/

This would also have been $5,500 (1000 rd winchester Q3130 147 gr FMJ @$550**) worth of ammunition.
    **http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/308-762-nato-all-308-762-nato

YMMV, but 10k is good enough for me. If I can afford the rifle and 10k rd to feed it, I can afford to re-bbl if accuracy becomes unacceptable. Besides...the thread kind of begs for a little frivolity ;)
    Also asks about HANDGUNS not rifles

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I'd take the 2 grand and put another 1500 with it to get one of these:

phoca_thumb_l_1-ppc.jpg

DesmoDucRob

#1 Dad
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I'd break my own rule and pursue quantity over quality, with some debatable inclusions:

A used S&W model 52 - I've always wanted a wadcutter gun.
    An LCP... why not?
    An STI Spartan in 9mm...

I think I've prob got a few hundred to play with If I play my cards right... so now I've got to play "what would you buy with your left-over $200"

Hmmm... how about 16 lbs of HP38... that'll keep me busy.

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    I really doubt that the gun that nick posted is a 45acp. The load written on the bottom of the target says 115 XTP. It would have to be a 9mm variant.

Sesameball

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    Plaquemine
    The link I posted was for 9mm, and it looks like that pistol; still very nice pistol/group. The Baer guarantees 3" on all, but can offer (at some extra cost--which I don't know) 1.5" groups at 50 yd, with .45...which is nice.

Top Bottom