Congrats...you've just been handed $2000 and you are going to buy....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    You are all class, Bobby. All class.

If anyone would like to hear about my experience with the reputable, Mr. Keigans. Feel free to PM me.

You're right about that Jeff, *I* have class.

The problem with YOUR story is you omit a few things. I don't mind airing the truth, as I said, I still have all our emails and can pass them on to anyone.

Jeff commissions me to build him a gun. Wants to send in payments on said gun until it was paid for. After his first or second payment, he sends me an email and informs me of another deal he couldn't pass up. Says he understands if that moves him to the back of the line. It did. A month or so later Jeff sends in another payment and wants to know how quick he can get his gun. I told him I could not meet his demands on the timeframe and he asked if I could loan him a gun. My wife happened to be at the shop for lunch and I asked her if she wanted to loan someone our ONLY Open gun, FGW 01, which also happens to be the only gun I've ever built for my wife. Putting her on the spot like that she agreed because she thought that was what I wanted her to do. Afterwards, she expressed her concern about loaning her gun out to someone because it was kinda special to her. I told Jeff he could not borrow the gun. He wanted the gun being built for him immediately. I gave him a FULL refund.

What does he have to be bitching about?

*ANALOGY*You want a part built from a machine shop. Part takes 12 weeks to manufacture. You cannot pay for said part and want to make payments with part to be built upon completion of payment (not standard shop practice, YOUR request). In the meantime, machine shop takes on other work, after all, you're not their only customer. Two or three other jobs come in which take 12 weeks or so to complete and you're at the back of the line. Those other customers paid in full for their parts or had money waiting. This machine shop accepts a deposit and does not require funds paid in full up front but when the customer says "I don't know when I'll be able to pay for it so I want to make payments"... you get the idea.

In a nutshell, while Jeff was arranging his funds, other work came in the shop. Jeff ASKED to be moved to the back of the line so he could invest his money in other things. I have no problem with that and was making every effort to help the guy out. He got mad when he couldn't borrow my wife's gun, and he got mad when his gun couldn't be built immediately. He got a prompt and FULL refund. Why is he still bitching?

Jeff, is there anything you'd like to add to the story or does that sum it up? Ya see, I'm reputable because I do whatever it takes to make things right with a customer when things go awry, even if it's not my fault. What YOU do with YOUR reputation is up to you. You're off to a good start though! :flamed:

FreedomGunworks

"Fearless"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Camilla, GA
    BTW... In April of 2011 you posted a "for sale" ad on the Enos forums selling an Open gun.

For sale:

Infinity open gun. This gun comes set up for 9MM or 38 Super. Comes with a barrel for each. Runs flawlessly with either. The 38 Super barrel is drilled for two popple holes. The 9MM barrel has no holes.

This gun has a solid carbide magwell that is very heavy. It really reduces recoil with all that weight. It has an aftec extractor, EGW internals. I recently upgraded to a M2I extended firing pin and new springs.

The gun has had a few thousand rounds through it and is still the tightest, smoothest gun I have ever felt. I just can't get the hang of open. Going back to limited and production for now.

$2550 shipped to your FFL

How long was it before you bought another Open gun that you couldn't get the hang of? Did you go back to Lim and Pro? Really? Why don't you come clean and tell the truth Jeff, it will set you free. You still want to question MY class? You should be taking notes.

mudbug_4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Fort Polk
    Just with rough math: Marlin 1894C for my son and I, Mossberg Super Bantam 20 gauge for my son and wife, 22 magnum lever action for all me, wife, and kids, and another 357 revolver to match the Marlin

Top Bottom