Congresswoman Shot.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I have heard, have not read yet though, that she has died from injuries.
    It unconfirmed right now.
    Every news outlet in Tucson is reporting different amounts of people shot and/or killed.

7 shot, 1 killed
    12 shot, 4 killed
    6 shot, 3 killed
    etc.

Going to have to wait a day or two before everything get sorted.

:)

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I'm watching all the media info now. I also found she was a strong supporter of immigration reform, denounced that President Obama has NOT done enough to protect the borders, and also did not vote for Nancy Pelosi for speaker. Hell, sounds like she was a republican instead of a democrat.

I'm wondering if it was an illegal alien, if so, she became a huge martyr.

McMedic

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 30, 2006
    Pollock, La.
    This does not bode well for gun owners. This is the third or fourth high profile shooting in the past few weeks. Anti-2nd amendment sentiment swells when these things happen and now that one of "theirs" has been cut down more politicians will feel justified jumping on the bandwagon.

How long before the "Giffords Act" or some such drivel gets enacted?

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Tuscon television reporting that the shooter was 21 or 22 years old. Twitter is exploding with people blaming Sara Palin's "target map" from March of last year to be responsible for this tragedy. Unreal.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    This is the reason that the second amendment is so important. I'm sure that there was some sort of signage that showed the CCW people that the guns were "NOT" allowed. If so then this guy was in direct violation of that. So be it that "Gun Control" shouldn't be the issue, it should be "Crime Prevention".

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    New reported that someone (unknown if it was a policeman) shot the shooter, ending the shooter. Seems like a gun is what limited the amount of damage this crazy person inflicted.

Again, we'll have to hear about the gun, instead of the crazy person.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    This does not bode well for gun owners. This is the third or fourth high profile shooting in the past few weeks. Anti-2nd amendment sentiment swells when these things happen and now that one of "theirs" has been cut down more politicians will feel justified jumping on the bandwagon.

How long before the "Giffords Act" or some such drivel gets enacted?
    It doesn't bode well because we let the antis take the lead and get their message out without aggresively countering them.
    When someone started a thread in another forum about a second Mumbi type attack they asked...
    5) Should the firearms community be prepared and willing to "take advantage" of such an event to promote our support for gun ownership.

I replied with the following-
    We already should be using events for promotion of carrying firearms for self defence. Everytime a story breaks of a school shooting we should have reps of gun owners on the TV and radio harping on the message "Where were the legally armed citizens to stop this" and "Why weren't there any responsible, legally armed citizens around to stop this?" "Gun Free Zones are the reason for this slaughter." Everytime there's a story of a person getting robbed in a mall parking lot the cry should be "Why wasn't the victim armed and capable of defending him/herself." When we hear a story of a home invasion we should have spokesmen on the same broadcast asking "How can someone kick in your front door and not be met with gunfire? It's your home for goodness sake, why weren't you within reach of a gun?" Turn the arguement around on the antis. Shame the people who choose not to carry. Like when someone asks you, "why do you carry a gun?" You answer, "What the hell kind of question is that? Don't you watch the news? Don't you read the newspaper? What kind of idiot goes around without a gun on his or her belt? Really! Are you a moron or something?" OK, maybe not that strongly but you see where I'm going with this. We don't need a major Mumbi type attack to happen before we start taking advantage of events. We have events happen on a smaller scale everyday. Use them. Rant Off.
    In the case of this shooting I want to point out that Arizona is a Constitutional Carry state. No permit needed to carry either Open or Concealed. How many of the people in the crowd were armed? Three? Two? None? Why? OK, maybe a few had past issues preventing them from legally carrying a firearm like a past domestic abuse charge or they had been committed to a hospital mental hold. But certainly many were elegable to carry a firearm legally. So where were they? Why did they not intervene? How come, as soon as the shooter began firing wasn't he perferated by about a dozen legally armed citizens? We need our gun lobby goups to turn this to our advantage, not the advantage of the Brady bunch.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom