Consequences of Carrying When Attacked By a Mob

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Look at it this way. You don't HAVE TO use your weapon. However, if you don't HAVE your weapon, you CANNOT use it. If your brother has the sound judgment to understand when and when not to, and how and how not to use that weapon, then it's just one more tool in his tool box for life. The more tools you carry, the more jobs you can get done.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    My .02

No matter how busy your brother is he has enough time to go to a CCP course and fill out his paperwork. I guarantee he isn't as busy and/or more of a lawyer target then some of the individuals I work under and I know several that have their CCP. So IMO that is a poor excuse. You also stated he has been in a lot of fights and keeps his cool IMO that makes him a good candidate to carry concealed.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    i'm just throwing a comment out there.... several months ago (not sure of exact date) a group of people were walking out of the station bar in Baton Rouge one weekend night, and a group of 'gentlemen' swarmed in and attacked them. there were women in the gang filming the beating shouting "we da white beaters". the victims were around 3 or 4 women and 2 or 3 men. one woman had her face beaten in, one guy got his head rammed into a car door. didn't receive a whole bunch of media coverage. i heard the gang was from plaquemine, but who knows. in that instance, i figure if im going down, i'm bringing a few with me. then the saying "better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6" comes to mind. who knows, i can't say how i'd act, i have no formal training, yet.

Someone coming out of the Station Bar would not suppose to have a concealed gun on them. So unless they could fight well, in this scenario they were going to get their asses kicked. But I am all for it!

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I was reading in the news today about a woamn that was attacked by a mob of girls ......I to was wondering the same thing,Guess I better read up on these laws as well.

Last edited:

Vaerros

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    What's this about a cop being able to immediately pick out who's in the right during the attack because the victim is, to paraphrase one post, white and surrounded by 'democrats'?

Am I interpreting that correctly or what?

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    What's this about a cop being able to immediately pick out who's in the right during the attack because the victim is, to paraphrase one post, white and surrounded by 'democrats'?

Am I interpreting that correctly or what?

Yes you are. That's the kind of trash who hang out here unfortunately.

Vaerros

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm new here; hopefully this kind of crap isn't too common. Oh well/'guess I'll see.

Addressing the topic, it seems like a 'warning shot', something typically frowned upon as a tactic(the prevailing approach being shoot to stop or kill, AFAIK), would be the ideal way to diffuse the situation, assuming none in the crowd are an immediately serious threat(although gauging threats in a flash mob seems very error-prone, so who knows).

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    VaErros, if haven't already please take the time to introduce your self in the introduction section, give everyone a chance to get to know each other and welcome you.

I don't think anyone meant anything bad by calling the thugs democrats other than grouping them together with other blood sucking free loaders.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Interesting posts all :), let me interject my 2 cents before I run off to school lol:
    I carry a BG 380 with spare mag, Freeze +P, and a gerber. I'm prior Army (Cav Scout), and this is the Main reason why I carry. I would explain why but it would be boring to LEO/MIL and civ's would call me a liar lol, so just bear with me. You brother should consider these things:

1: if he's mobbed, it's his fault for not having the S/A to see a bunch of urban gentlemen coming his way and LEAVING.
    2. If he's in a store or someplace with no backdoor and can't leave, find cover and hide (tactical retreat is not being a coward)
    3. If he's "white guy in the open!" he's going to have to fight. chances are he was fooling with his blackberry and didn't notice the world around him, so he's going to have to pull his own nuts out of the fire.

That's where the gun and training come in. No training will make you a victim, a little bit of training might very well get you killed. Lot's of training gives you the tools to save your own life, if you are skilled/lucky and use them appropriately.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Anyone that takes half of the horses**t spouted out here as a rock solid representation of how that person conducts their lives or their morality is, as LSP972 states, coming off as holier-than-thou. I say; they are a phony!

Phony liberalism and the political correctness they are forcing on this nation is the main reason we can't have intelligent conversations about real social problems. So someone lashing out at any race, ethnicity, or Free Shitter in the name of just passing time is actually more refreshing than having to hear phony liberals dance around instances of bald face truth with phony guilt or worse, phony concern for those they claim to want to protect.

I don't want anyone to tell me who I can associate with, who I can hate, or who I must like. I hate all phony liberals. I am sure douchebags somewhere are trying to invent a crime for that too.

Top Bottom