Constitutional Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Glockrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I OC, because I, on principal, won't pay for permission to do something that I think is my right.

Yes it does impact my daily life as there are places that I can not go because OC is not allowed whereas CC is.

I am choosing that inconvenience instead of 'folding' and getting a permit.

This is why I'm pushing for permit-less CC through the efforts of LAOCA, and to that I'd ask that you sign (and share!!) our petition to start this process.

We are NOT attempting to delete the CC permit as many will need one for reciprocity, but are attempting to make it optional in Louisiana.

The petition:
    Please sign and share

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Hey man, constitutional carry would be awesome, and do your thing, but please just don't do anything stupid and **** in the stream for the rest of us.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I OC, because I, on principal, won't pay for permission to do something that I think is my right.

Yes it does impact my daily life as there are places that I can not go because OC is not allowed whereas CC is.

I am choosing that inconvenience instead of 'folding' and getting a permit.

This is why I'm pushing for permit-less CC through the efforts of LAOCA, and to that I'd ask that you sign (and share!!) our petition to start this process.

We are NOT attempting to delete the CC permit as many will need one for reciprocity, but are attempting to make it optional in Louisiana.

The petition:
    Please sign and share

awesome

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Hey man, constitutional carry would be awesome, and do your thing, but please just don't do anything stupid and **** in the stream for the rest of us.

For example, the SIG brace letter campaign, OCing a rifle at Target, Starbucks, and other places, ya know, just for clarification of "shitting in the stream".

Inconveniencing yourself as a result of your personal principles is all fine and dandy as long as you don't interfere with anyone else's. I'll even entertain signing the petition, although I don't expect it to gain traction, but the very vast majority of Open Carry advocates I have dealt with on a personal and/or profession level remind me more of hard core anti-abortion or animal rights activists acting like lunatics and doing more to alienate the public than gain support from them. Knot saying that is how you roll, but the shenanigans of the OCing advocated of late has been of epic fail levels.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    For example, the SIG brace letter campaign, OCing a rifle at Target, Starbucks, and other places, ya know, just for clarification of "shitting in the stream".

Inconveniencing yourself as a result of your personal principles is all fine and dandy as long as you don't interfere with anyone else's. I'll even entertain signing the petition, although I don't expect it to gain traction, but the very vast majority of Open Carry advocates I have dealt with on a personal and/or profession level remind me more of hard core anti-abortion or animal rights activists acting like lunatics and doing more to alienate the public than gain support from them. Knot saying that is how you roll, but the shenanigans of the OCing advocated of late has been of epic fail levels.

To be fair, he is a member of LAOCA. They seem to vet their members much more thoroughly than the other Louisiana OC derp groups do. They are much less tolerant of stupidity in my experience.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    When I moved from southwest Arizona in 2009 it was very common to see people open carry there. I never saw anyone get pointed at or get the cops called on them for exercising their 2nd amendment rights. Open carry was no big deal just like in the old wild west days. In 2010, Arizona became a constitutional carry state so residents could protect themselves however they like. It's sad to see that so many in this state and on this site are less than supportive of open carry and quick to judge the people that aren't scared to exercise their rights in a professional manner. If open carry was more common here maybe the public would become more trusting of gun owners and we could also become a constitutional carry state so people have the option to carry how they wish without getting permission and paying fees to do so.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    When I moved from southwest Arizona in 2009 it was very common to see people open carry there. I never saw anyone get pointed at or get the cops called on them for exercising their 2nd amendment rights. Open carry was no big deal just like in the old wild west days. In 2010, Arizona became a constitutional carry state so residents could protect themselves however they like. It's sad to see that so many in this state and on this site are less than supportive of open carry and quick to judge the people that aren't scared to exercise their rights in a professional manner. If open carry was more common here maybe the public would become more trusting of gun owners and we could also become a constitutional carry state so people have the option to carry how they wish without getting permission and paying fees to do so.

I can't speak for anyone but myself. I don't have a problem with OC, it is stupid to require 'state approved' classes and fines and such to exercise a right. The problem I have are the idots that want to sit outside of Starbucks with their AR's and AK's, acting a fool on the YouTube. Like you said, be 'professional, or at least polite' about it.

OC what you wish, but if I really think I need my AR and some extra mags to go get a cup of coffee, I think I will stay home and brew a cup. I think we can get more 2A supporters getting new people to shoot, talking to some people vs insisting on my 'right' to carry my AR to the grocery store.

Constitutional carry would be nice. Especially down in the south, cover garments can get uncomfortable in the summer.

SMR412

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 30, 2014
    P-ville
    The only people I have seen OCing in the B.R./Gonzales area have been "normal" looking people just out doing their daily business. Just a sidearm holstered and no one paying any mind to them.

Here is MY OPINION on CC folks (feel free to rip me a new one as you see fit)...

I feel like someone who is OCing is more than likely a shooting enthusiast and probably shoots maybe once a month give or take. Takes practice and training at least slightly serious and takes pride in improving his\her skills and knowledge.
    The average person who CC does so out of protection and for peace of mind. But how many are truly enthusiasts and shoot/train/practice more than the minimum to stay current with CC permits?
    How many buy a gun, get permit and seldom to never shoot?

Who would you trust more to get the job done?
    Who would you rather have in your corner?

Give me the "shooter" every time.

That being said, I fully agree there are some full on tards out there thinking they are promoting the 2A.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    To all you naysayers. OC (open carry) has been legal in La sense 1870. Yes I said 1870. If you look close the people that are taking their Ar’s and other long guns to Starbucks don’t have any other option for OC. In those states (Texas for one) don’t have OC of a handgun but OC of a Long gun. You can OC a long gun without a permit, need to have a permit to OC a hand gun.

If we had Constitutional carry that would take money away from the La State Police and you CC teachers wouldn’t be making as much money either. The only time you would need a permit is to travel to other states that need a permit to carry a gun.

You don’t know what you are talking about when you say LAOCA is better than LOCAL. LAOCA broke off from us (LOCAL) because they didn’t like and didn’t want to follow our rules.

I am the President of the Florida Parishes Chapter of LOCAL.

Wolf

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    The only people I have seen OCing in the B.R./Gonzales area have been "normal" looking people just out doing their daily business. Just a sidearm holstered and no one paying any mind to them.

Here is MY OPINION on CC folks (feel free to rip me a new one as you see fit)...

I feel like someone who is OCing is more than likely a shooting enthusiast and probably shoots maybe once a month give or take. Takes practice and training at least slightly serious and takes pride in improving his\her skills and knowledge.
    The average person who CC does so out of protection and for peace of mind. But how many are truly enthusiasts and shoot/train/practice more than the minimum to stay current with CC permits?
    How many buy a gun, get permit and seldom to never shoot?

Who would you trust more to get the job done?
    Who would you rather have in your corner?

Give me the "shooter" every time.

That being said, I fully agree there are some full on tards out there thinking they are promoting the 2A.

I have experienced the same and different with CC folks. Honestly, have not met many OC people. I know people who get a gun, the permit, and that is all, maybe a trip or two a year to the range. Legal, Constitutional, but scary. I have met a lot of CC folks who do train, and take it seriously. And like you said, I want them around me if anything was to happen.

I got my CCL permit, had the gun, got a holster then was like, WTF now? Did not carry for about a year until I found someone I was comfortable with taking classes with. Have not looked back... Try to take one or two classes a year from different instructors.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I would hardly use OCer vice CHPer as a qualifier and/or quantifier for being a "shooter". Strictly and solely basing ones capability on that is downright absurd. Neither makes you a shooter. I know people that practice both disciplines and that have taken training that I wouldn't want shooting at a barrel full of rotten fish heads near me.

And as far as who is who and who broke off from who and whatnot, who gives a rats rotten ****? That is a prime example of the ole RK... Why can't we all just get along. Too big an egos for too few agendas. Everyone wants to be the savior but know one wants to bear the cross.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    To be fair, he is a member of LAOCA. They seem to vet their members much more thoroughly than the other Louisiana OC derp groups do. They are much less tolerant of stupidity in my experience.
    Care to explain how you can possibly know this without inside information from both organizations? BTW: We will boot an idiot in a second as we do not tolerate fools in our organization.

Also, what's with the personal attack with the "silence of the lambs type stuff" when it is nothing more than a pet owner showing his pets and his caring side? If you don't like his/our position/view fine. Men agree to disagree but this carp? Please!

Has anyone bothered to read one of our newsletters promoting training and education before carrying Openly or Concealed? There are a lot of baseless accusations leveled at LOCAL and its officers without a shred of factual evidence behind it.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I would hardly use OCer vice CHPer as a qualifier and/or quantifier for being a "shooter". Strictly and solely basing ones capability on that is downright absurd. Neither makes you a shooter. I know people that practice both disciplines and that have taken training that I wouldn't want shooting at a barrel full of rotten fish heads near me.

And as far as who is who and who broke off from who and whatnot, who gives a rats rotten ****? That is a prime example of the ole RK... Why can't we all just get along. Too big an egos for too few agendas. Everyone wants to be the savior but know one wants to bear the cross.

Exactly, owning a guitar doesn't make you a musician, no matter how you carry it.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Yea, ive read one. It was the real deal.
    Got any proof I'm not? My FFL and my CHPs in 4 states (that is resident permits I've held in Louisiana, Arkansas, Virginia and a non-resident permit in New Hampshire) and my 30+ years of carry, both Concealed and Openly, my training in the military and by certified trainers, the competitions I have competed in and the fact that I have never had any bad interactions with the law involving guns would tend to indicate that I might "have a clue" and be able to back up what I do. Grow up.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Got any proof I'm not? My FFL and my CHPs in 4 states (that is resident permits I've held in Louisiana, Arkansas, Virginia and a non-resident permit in New Hampshire) and my 30+ years of carry, both Concealed and Openly, my training in the military and by certified trainers, the competitions I have competed in and the fact that I have never had any bad interactions with the law involving guns would tend to indicate that I might "have a clue" and be able to back up what I do. Grow up.

Slow your roll bro. The pamphlet was legit. No clue what your going on about.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd say this thread is on a one way road to Full Tardville with the pedal to the metal and no brakes. Might as well put it out of its misery now and save some butthurt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom