Constructive Input on Glock model switch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    I currently own a G27 which I like very much. I am issued G23 by my Dept. which was issued in 1994. I am only thinking right now about selling the 27 and buying me a 23 OD. The 27 shoots well so there is no qualm with that. As long as we qualify with our personal weapons we can carry it. the only thing is I own several custom made holsters for the 27. I have a custom rig for my 23 already. I really like the rail on the 23 for a light which the 27 does not have.
    I guess I am just rambling on here. I know there are some pros and cons out there and would really like to hear them.

Last edited:

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    Nolacop it would probably be my primary use. I always liked to carry my own gun. This has been an up and down question for me to switch. True JR1572 about the wear and tear. I am leaning towards keeping the 27 but every now and then the 23 pops in my head. I can see whats going to happen in the future, keep the 27 and buy a 23. Just have to sway the wife.Maybe just maybe if I can sell that stereo equipment I have listed I can get that 23. We will see.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would say to stick with the 27, and get a 22 if funds permit. I am not too fond of the 23 frame size, although i do shoot them well. I really like the 26/27 with a +2 mag base, and the 17/22 full size guns. I do have a 19 and have had a 23, but the grip is a bit funky feeling. I would say the 27 is a better piece to conceal, but does lack the rail.

I guess it is all up to personal preference... I have all of the 9mm glocks, but only the 22 and 34 in 40.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I would say to stick with the 27, and get a 22 if funds permit. I am not too fond of the 23 frame size, although i do shoot them well. I really like the 26/27 with a +2 mag base, and the 17/22 full size guns. I do have a 19 and have had a 23, but the grip is a bit funky feeling. I would say the 27 is a better piece to conceal, but does lack the rail.

I guess it is all up to personal preference... I have all of the 9mm glocks, but only the 22 and 34 in 40.

You must have a G35 as you know the G34 is a 9mm.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Nolacop it would probably be my primary use. I always liked to carry my own gun. This has been an up and down question for me to switch. True JR1572 about the wear and tear. I am leaning towards keeping the 27 but every now and then the 23 pops in my head. I can see whats going to happen in the future, keep the 27 and buy a 23. Just have to sway the wife.Maybe just maybe if I can sell that stereo equipment I have listed I can get that 23. We will see.

Well, if you are shooting the 27 well, what is it about the 23 that is making you consider it?

Are you wanting to carry a CCW gun with a light? Not a bad idea, but if you will not commit the weight, training, holster purchase, etc to it, then the rail is inconsequential.

If you are having problems shooting well and you believe it to be the size of the gun, then maybe the 23 is the next logical step while still maintaining a higher degree of concealability than a full size.

i do not think you can go wrong with either. i like the increased magazine capacity and grip size of my 19's.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    You must have a G35 as you know the G34 is a 9mm.

Good eye, yes I have a 34 and a 35. Also have a 24 upper for the 22. Have not shot the 35 or the 24 yet, and most of my 40 experience with glock was thru my old gen 2 23. Look forward to a range day and getting some time in with the 35.

Det.Blair

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Plaquemine, La.
    No, Nolacop I shoot well with the 27 and 23 with no issue. I guess I just want to justify to myself to switch out to a 23. More than likely I am going to keep my 27 and buy a 23 later. I am like a kid in the candy store, want! do not need I guess. Thanks for everyones input.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The gun I have issued to me must be carried while in uniform. However, since I am assigned to a non-uniform job, I have the option to carry whatever. (occasionally I carry a sub-compact variant, but that is few and far between) I carry their gun. I have bought and tried many different guns in the last year and a half and decided on carrying their gun. I have a holster that allows me to carry the gun concealed with a light on it.

It's not my favorite gun in the world, but I shoot it very well. But in the grand scheme of things, isn't that what is most important?

Just my thoughts.

JR1572

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    It's a Glock.

Carry the one YOU want if it is allowed. Wear and tear? Uh...it's a GLOCK.

For me, I always liked the OD's. Not sure why and am sure it doesn't matter. Just because it's a tad different looking is enough.

In short...
    it's YOUR thing,

do what YOU wanna do...

we can't tell ya...

who to Glock it to. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ehatger1456
    Top Bottom