Convicted criminal is now a protected EEO class...?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    It just ticks me off. I understand not hiring someone because they're black being a legitimate complaint, however not hiring criminals is just good business practice. What pisses me off the most about it though is that the EEOC only considers it a violation if the person is a minority convicted criminal.

I don't know if I should be pissed off for all of the white criminals that can't get a job and the government has clearly made it a race issue when it shouldn't be, or if I should be pissed off that the government is really trying to say you can't deny a person a job because of a criminal background. What's next, morale waivers for minorities entering the military? "Oh, you have a few felonies, but since you're a protected class we can't count that, here's a job, and a security clearance while we're at it".

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Carol Miaskoff, the commission's acting associate legal counsel, said the 4-1 vote proved, at least for the four commissioners voting yes, that they had not overstepped their authority.

So, as long as they agree they aren't over stepping their authority, then they aren't? What kind of logic is that?

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    It just ticks me off. I understand not hiring someone because they're black being a legitimate complaint, however not hiring criminals is just good business practice. What pisses me off the most about it though is that the EEOC only considers it a violation if the person is a minority convicted criminal.

I don't know if I should be pissed off for all of the white criminals that can't get a job and the government has clearly made it a race issue when it shouldn't be, or if I should be pissed off that the government is really trying to say you can't deny a person a job because of a criminal background. What's next, morale waivers for minorities entering the military? "Oh, you have a few felonies, but since you're a protected class we can't count that, here's a job, and a security clearance while we're at it".

My neighbor has given me valuable insight into how this happens.
    He is black. A very successful doctor and an all around great guy.
    When we talk of blacks committing most of the crime in EBR, he thinks it's not fair.
    He believes that just as many whites are committing crimes but the blacks are the ones
    who get arrested and sent to prison. This is coming from a guy who has lived the
    American dream, is super intelligent, and had great parents. He truly believes
    that blacks are arrested and convicted at rates that are discriminatory.
    The argument that "THE BLACKS ARE COMMITTING THE CRIMES", falls on deaf ears.
    This thought is prevalent in the black community.
    This is how the EEOC comes to a conclusion like they did.
    If blacks are unjustly arrested, then they are falsely accused as felons.
    Logic has nothing to do with this thought process. In fact logic must be suspended for it to exist.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom