Cooking Drum?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    So this is what I am thinking tell me what you think. Cooking my son's 20lb he caught.

Fillet it and take the vein out. Im going to cut slits in it about 1/2 way through about every inch or two and then season the **** out of it with the normal cajun seasoning and lemon juice and Italian dressing. Topping it off with sliced lemons. I will then place it in aluminum foil and form a pocket and slow cook it in the oven.

Once cooked I plan on topping it with crab cakes made with sheepshead instead of crab meat then topping it all with a crawfish cream sauce. What do you think?

I need a good crab cake recipe using sheepshead. Got one?

Thanks

Last edited:

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    You must be talking about a salt water drum. Red or black? Good catch. I could help you with a fresh water drum, which resembles the saltwater redfish, or red drum. Cook the freshwater version, also known as gasper goo, down in a brown gravy with seasonings is what various Lake Charles natives have told me over the years. I believe the salt water red drum is best cooked as blackened redfish on a hot cast iron skillet. Google ought to be able to give you the specifics there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom