Cool! New iPhone 4 available June 24th!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    Lots of nice new features too! Front and rear cameras, 720p video, iMovie, 320 pixel screen, Video chat, second mic fo noise cancelling, 24% thinner than 3GS etc. etc. Also, AT&T is moving everybody's upgrade eligibility up 6 months. (probably just to get everyone off of the unlimited data plan) Pre-orders accepted starting June 15th!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Be careful when getting a new iphone. ATT no longer is gonna do the unlimited data plans. If you re-up your contract to get a new phone, you may lose your "grandfathered in" status.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Wife and I have been waiting for the new iPhone to be released but with all the AT&T BS about data plans and not so good network we have been tempted to stay with Verizon and get a Droid.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    Wife and I have been waiting for the new iPhone to be released but with all the AT&T BS about data plans and not so good network we have been tempted to stay with Verizon and get a Droid.

I love the Android OS. I just rooted my HTC Hero running Sprint's 2.1 RUU. I need to find a ROM I like though, and push that over. I have a lot more fun with my phone than the iPhone. Need to find a good MP3 player app for my phone though, and start copying over my music.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    2% of At&t's unlimited date users go over 2gb a month.. i am on it all the time at home and work. I only use maybe 1gb/month.

•The existing $30 fair-use "unlimited" smartphone data plan is being replaced by two new options: $15 per month for 200MB and $25 for 2GB (called "DataPlus" and "DataPro," respectively). Customers currently on the $30 plan are welcome to stay on it, but they can switch at any time without extending their contract.

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    2% of At&t's unlimited date users go over 2gb a month.. i am on it all the time at home and work. I only use maybe 1gb/month.

•The existing $30 fair-use "unlimited" smartphone data plan is being replaced by two new options: $15 per month for 200MB and $25 for 2GB (called "DataPlus" and "DataPro," respectively). Customers currently on the $30 plan are welcome to stay on it, but they can switch at any time without extending their contract.

Ok...

So I'm one of those people who just uses a phone as a phone...

Don't do Text, don't have internet...

My Current phone is probably gonna die soon, so I'm considering going to one of these 'computers'

Guy I know was telling me I can get a Refurbished I-phone for $100 online, and how to get a 25% discount on the monthly plan...

And that I could use it as a GPS on my bike....

SO... what Do I need to know?

Should I jump on this to get this unlimited data thing?

Details?

Thanks.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    Ok...

So I'm one of those people who just uses a phone as a phone...

Don't do Text, don't have internet...

My Current phone is probably gonna die soon, so I'm considering going to one of these 'computers'

Guy I know was telling me I can get a Refurbished I-phone for $100 online, and how to get a 25% discount on the monthly plan...

And that I could use it as a GPS on my bike....

SO... what Do I need to know?

Should I jump on this to get this unlimited data thing?

Details?

Thanks.

You can get a brand new Iphone 3gs for $149.

Last edited:

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    When is Apple going to release the iPhone for a network other than AT&T's craptastic, oversaturated, POS?

I am so glad I switched to Verizon.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    When is Apple going to release the iPhone for a network other than AT&T's craptastic, oversaturated, POS?

I am so glad I switched to Verizon.

I am sooooooo close to telling att to **** off. In the past six months, I average at least 5+ dropped calls a day. Its getting to be annoying.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    at&t told me they would grandfather me in so I can keep my unlimited data plan. Im sure they would do it for anyone. Also in the year I have had my Iphone ive used a grand whopping of 1.9GB received and 98.5mb sent. Im on the internet all the time and tether to my laptops when im at places with no wifi.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    at&t told me they would grandfather me in so I can keep my unlimited data plan. Im sure they would do it for anyone. Also in the year I have had my Iphone ive used a grand whopping of 1.9GB received and 98.5mb sent. Im on the internet all the time and tether to my laptops when im at places with no wifi.

This is how much data I have used. This is from my account manager on ATT.com:

data.png

Guess I am one of those wacky 2%.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    This is how much data I have used. This is from my account manager on ATT.com:

data.png

Guess I am one of those wacky 2%.

Man you need to quit uploading your photos on your iphone dude. lol You really must be in the 2% because im surfing forums all day during class when I should be paying attention instead. Thats easily 4 hours a day on my iphone. Now you have me wondering if my phone is wrong. I need to check my account online.

Top Bottom