Cop kills man in wheelchair

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Just because Speedys means of conveyance is a wheelchair, is he any less capable of hurting someone? Had this man conducted the same situation on foot, threaten a loss prevention employee with a knife then refuse to cooperate and attempt to enter and an open business where more people were, would that have made it justified?

He stopped an armed man, who already threatened violence, from entering a populated area.

Last edited:

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Devils advocate here, let’s say a fine citizen, such as one you condemning this officer, stepped forward to intervene and deescalate this precarious situation and Mr. knife wielding slasher on wheels stabbed you in the neck. I’m sure your grieving families would sue the officer and department for not stopping the threat.

If you’re going to shoot once, shoot till there’s no threat.

he's in a ******* wheel chair! And is the officer other ******* hand broken??? you know, the one they train to use a taser with!

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    And

I asked if it would make a difference if the fella was on foot. A man with a knife in a wheelchair is still a man with a knife.

Sure, there’s a dozen other options the officer could have used. It doesn’t mean the one he did use wasn’t legal.

Last edited:

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    “What if” the guy complied....

All I’m saying

Or “what if” the POS didn’t steal and threaten people with a knife

Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    That Face When you just got the OK to summarily execute misdemeanor offenders on the basis of maybe they might hurt someone.

Attachments

• gettyimages-119009508-hero.jpg
      gettyimages-119009508-hero.jpg
      31.7 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    As to "threatened people with a knife", that's indeed what someone said the complainant alleged. In a similar case, Arizona peace officers responding to a domestic abuse call -- wherein complainant alleged "my neighbor's beating the heck out of his girlfriend, send help fast" -- shot and killed the accused girlfriend beater as he answered his door. Turns out the deceased wasn't beating the heck out of anyone; he and his girlfriend were playing Crash Bandicoot.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom