Cop shoots and kills handcuffed suspect. Charges refused.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    My only observation is that this body builder went nuts after using "bath salts"

Just one more example of the resulting designer drug is much worse than the natural substance it is meant to replace.

Synthetic weed is so much worse than naturally grown weed. And bath salts are just horrible. Especially worse considering they are meant to be similar to Khat.

Khat isn't anywhere as bad as that designer crap. I'm not saying it's good. Just saying that the result of the ban is worse than the legalization of the substance.

Kind of like prohibition brought us booze which was tainted and caused death/blindness.

============

Synthetic cathinones such as mephedrone which are chemically similar to cathinone, naturally found in the plant Catha edulis (khat), were first synthesised in the 1920s.[5] They remained obscure until the first decade of the 21st century, when they were rediscovered by underground chemists and began to be used in designer drugs, as the compounds were legal in many jurisdictions.[5][6] In 2009 and 2010 there was a significant rise in the abuse of synthetic cathinones, initially in the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe, and subsequently in the US. Drugs marketed as "bath salts" first came to the attention of authorities in the US in 2010 after reports were made to US poison centres.[4] In Europe, the drugs were predominantly purchased from drug dealers or from websites, but in the US they were mainly sold in small independent stores such as gas stations and head shops.[4] Bath salts are sold in 50-milligram packets online and have their own brand names. Some of the brand names online are called "Purple Wave," "Zoom," and "Cloud Nine."[7] In the US, this often made them easier to obtain than cigarettes and alcohol.[4]
    Hundreds of other designer drugs or "legal highs" have been reported, including artificial chemicals such as synthetic cannabis and semi-synthetic substances such as methylhexaneamine.[8] These drugs are primarily developed to avoid being controlled by laws against illegal drugs, thus giving them the label of designer drugs.[8]

=====
    Catha edulis (khat, qat, or "edible kat"[1]) is a flowering plant native to the Horn of Africa and the Arabian Peninsula. Among communities from these areas, khat chewing has a history as a social custom dating back thousands of years.[2]
    Khat contains a monoamine alkaloid called cathinone, an amphetamine-like stimulant, which is said to cause excitement, loss of appetite and euphoria. In 1980, the World Health Organization (WHO) classified it as a drug of abuse that can produce mild-to-moderate psychological dependence (less than tobacco or alcohol)

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    meh. I'm not convinced that an entire population of legally impaired citizens is worth one dead bodybuilder huffing bath salts or spray paint.

I kind of like the survival of the fittest thing- if you're stupid enough to huff paint, you deserve to live life with the intelligence of a labrador.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    meh. I'm not convinced that an entire population of legally impaired citizens is worth one dead bodybuilder huffing bath salts or spray paint.

I kind of like the survival of the fittest thing- if you're stupid enough to huff paint, you deserve to live life with the intelligence of a labrador.
    Yea...and I guess we could bring back prohibition of alcohol. Then...if you are stupid enough to drink wood alcohol, you deserve it.

My point is that prohibition has never really worked. History proves that to be true.

Sure...the world would be a better place if we never had another drunk driver....never had another abusive alcoholic husband beating his wife and kids. Its just that it never works out that way because when someone wants something like a drink, they will find it. The problem is that sometimes the drink is tainted. Thats a given.

And..the same can be said for marijuana....or Khat for that matter. If bath salts were designed to replace khat....then its obvious that khat is much less harmful than khat.

By the way...I am not advocating bath salts. What I am saying is that bath salts are the result of the ban on khat. The designer drug is obviously worse than the banned natural substance. Just like the wood alcohol which was the result of prohibition was worse than regular alcoholic beverages.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't see legislation as the problem. Weak minded people that rely on external sources of "feel goods" will always be weak people. I think the true punishment for huffing bath salts is that you become an enraged moron thats likely to wake up with a broken body part, but then again I'm a fair bit more intelligent than the typical bath salt huffer (up for debate I suppose...)

Waah! I'm stressed out at work, what will I ever do without vodka/weed/something to stick up my nose?

You're weak. Either your parents raised you weak, you became weak, or you were exposed to something that enabled you to be weak and you bit.

Do I have a drink now and then, sure. Rarely, but sure. Do I get stressed out and shotgun a fifth of grey goose? Absolutely not... thats more likely to do harm than actually fix whatever's bothering me. Different strokes I guess, but I will never be in favor of enabling weak people into what is keeping them weak.

I've had clients referred to me that were recovering alcoholics and teen substance users as well, so I've seen it from eyes other than tackling some bath salt nut job and throwing him in the back of my unit. That being said, after seeing it from the eyes of having to tackle the bath salt nut job and throw him in my unit: NO, the average person in our society is too weak for legalized drugs. Period.

Hell we can't even keep twinkies and cheeseburgers from making a national health epidemic, now you want hard drugs? sheesh.

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I don't see legislation as the problem. Weak minded people that rely on external sources of "feel goods" will always be weak people. I think the true punishment for huffing bath salts is that you become an enraged moron thats likely to wake up with a broken body part, but then again I'm a fair bit more intelligent than the typical bath salt huffer (up for debate I suppose...)

Waah! I'm stressed out at work, what will I ever do without vodka/weed/something to stick up my nose?

You're weak. Either your parents raised you weak, you became weak, or you were exposed to something that enabled you to be weak and you bit.

Do I have a drink now and then, sure. Rarely, but sure. Do I get stressed out and shotgun a fifth of grey goose? Absolutely not... thats more likely to do harm than actually fix whatever's bothering me. Different strokes I guess, but I will never be in favor of enabling weak people into what is keeping them weak.

I've had clients referred to me that were recovering alcoholics and teen substance users as well, so I've seen it from eyes other than tackling some bath salt nut job and throwing him in the back of my unit. That being said, after seeing it from the eyes of having to tackle the bath salt nut job and throw him in my unit: NO, the average person in our society is too weak for legalized drugs. Period.

Hell we can't even keep twinkies and cheeseburgers from making a national health epidemic, now you want hard drugs? sheesh.

Bath salts are a direct result of the ban on Khat. Khat is not a hard drug. The world health organization...WHO...says Khat is about the same...or less than caffeine, alcohol or tobacco. My point is that if Khat was never banned...we'd never have seen the bath salt crap.

With an attitude like yours about twinkies....I'm surprised you don't support Mayor Bloombergs desire to ban big gulps.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well he damn sure shot him in the right spot; that's a lot of blood letting! Watch how long and fast the river of blood flows along side the curb the whole time.

No additional info on whether the druggie was biting that other cop; sure looked like it. And if he did, what's the difference between shooting him and a pit bull?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Bath salts are a direct result of the ban on Khat. Khat is not a hard drug. The world health organization...WHO...says Khat is about the same...or less than caffeine, alcohol or tobacco. My point is that if Khat was never banned...we'd never have seen the bath salt crap.

With an attitude like yours about twinkies....I'm surprised you don't support Mayor Bloombergs desire to ban big gulps.

the point is that if the average american is too ignorant and careless regarding something as silly as a donut, what would you expect long term regarding drugs? Obesity is costing hundreds of billions of dollars, putting an immense burden on our already weak healthcare system, and killed more children in 2012 than all school shootings this decade combined.

This... from candy, soda, and cheeseburgers.

Now, apply that information to drugs and what is your expected result? Are you of the belief that we just make everything legal and let "survival of the fittest" take over? Our society has ZERO self control and not much more in the ways of discipline. I just don't see drugs of any nature having any possible positive outcome.

Hell, lets take vodka as an example since you like to say stuff like "its safer than alcohol/prohibition failed". Vodka in commercials is 3 well dressed gentlemen in suits laughing and smiling while sipping a glass in a high-end club. In reality, its more like bob and joe spending their last dollar on a bottle and throwing punches in the parking lot- over who wore nicer socks.

- - - Updated - - -

what's the difference between shooting him and a pit bull?

once bath salts are used? the brand of shampoo they use. :dunno:

(disclaimer: its a joke.) its sad to me that this guy ended up the way he did, but play stupid games...

Last edited:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    the point is that if the average american is too ignorant and careless regarding something as silly as a donut, what would you expect long term regarding drugs? Obesity is costing hundreds of billions of dollars, putting an immense burden on our already weak healthcare system, and killed more children in 2012 than all school shootings this decade combined.

This... from candy, soda, and cheeseburgers.

Now, apply that information to drugs and what is your expected result? Are you of the belief that we just make everything legal and let "survival of the fittest" take over? Our society has ZERO self control and not much more in the ways of discipline. I just don't see drugs of any nature having any possible positive outcome.

Hell, lets take vodka as an example since you like to say stuff like "its safer than alcohol/prohibition failed". Vodka in commercials is 3 well dressed gentlemen in suits laughing and smiling while sipping a glass in a high-end club. In reality, its more like bob and joe spending their last dollar on a bottle and throwing punches in the parking lot- over who wore nicer socks.

- - - Updated - - -

once bath salts are used? the brand of shampoo they use. :dunno:

(disclaimer: its a joke.) its sad to me that this guy ended up the way he did, but play stupid games...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying alcohol is good. I've known and seen way too many lives destroyed by alcohol. What I am saying is that mankind can not legislate behavior.

Just like what will happen when or if America passes more gun control legislation...It will be much worse than the occasional mass shooting. Crime wll spike higher and more lives affected.

I'm not a fan of passing more stupid laws and more Legislation to "fix" non-existent problems. There will always be idiots who behave badly. If passing a law would fix it..we would have already fixed it.

Top Bottom