Cops Arrest Man For Calling Cop A Nazi

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    clear cut case of disturbing the peace...play stupid games....

This is the Louisiana RS though I suspect its similar in other states.

§103. Disturbing the peace

A. Disturbing the peace is the doing of any of the following in such manner as would foreseeably disturb or alarm the public:

(1) Engaging in a fistic encounter; or

(2) Addressing any offensive, derisive, or annoying words to any other person who is lawfully in any street, or other public place; or call him by any offensive or derisive name, or make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with the intent to deride, offend, or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business, occupation, or duty; or
    (3) Appearing in an intoxicated condition; or

(4) Engaging in any act in a violent and tumultuous manner by any three or more persons; or

(5) Holding of an unlawful assembly; or

(6) Interruption of any lawful assembly of people; or

(7) Intentionally engaging in any act or any utterance, gesture, or display designed to disrupt a funeral, funeral home viewing, funeral procession, wake, memorial service, or burial of a deceased person.

(8) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering with access into or from any building or parking lot of a building in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted, or any burial plot or the parking lot of the cemetery in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted.

B.(1) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than ninety days, or both.

(2) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace as provided in Paragraphs (A)(7) and (8) of this Section shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

Amended by Acts 1960, No. 70, §1; Acts 1963, No. 93, §1; Acts 1968, No. 647, §1; Acts 1979, No. 222, §1; Acts 2006, No. 805, §1.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Was this guy drunk?:confused:

He was out of line interferring with those guys doing their jobs.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The cop with the "Grass cutting Ordanance" was priceless. I like the way that he just added that in there really low so the guy with the camera could hear it and not get it on tape. Rule of thumb here is if you are going to take this type of attitude with anyone ( much less a group of Cops ) then you had better be ready to reap the repercussion. If you are going to yank my chain then I'm going to yank back. I just wish they could have arrested him for the "Yard Cutting Ordanance". LOL!!!! That way this guy would have no doubt that he was arrested for being an IDIOT! I don't always agree with the way that the Police have been metamorphasized into an establisent to generate revenue for local and state governments but they are told to do this by their superiors and it, honestly, is no different than you doing what you are told to do on your job. "If you don't do your job the way that I say then I will find some one that will" mentality is everywhere in supervision. What "We" should spend our energy on is to change the policies that are put in place that govern our every day life and go after the people that are ( TRULY ) responsible for these "Laws" and "Ordanances". They are the people that "We" elected to public office, and not the Cop that is just doing what he is told to do. This guy was in his driveway yelling at the Cops about what he thought they were doing wrong but I would bet that he NEVER went to a City Council meeting to voice his opposition to the mandate that the Mayor put out on increasing traffic stops to try to curb the growing drug trafficking problem in the area. My point to this whole rant is that if we don't like the way that things are going then we have the responsibility to do everything within our power ( within the law ) to change them, and if that fails then you campaign like hell for the "Pollitition" that will vote for what you believe, and if you can't find one then run for the Office yourself. Just my $.02.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    clear cut case of disturbing the peace...play stupid games....

This is the Louisiana RS though I suspect its similar in other states.

§103. Disturbing the peace

A. Disturbing the peace is the doing of any of the following in such manner as would foreseeably disturb or alarm the public:

(1) Engaging in a fistic encounter; or

(2) Addressing any offensive, derisive, or annoying words to any other person who is lawfully in any street, or other public place; or call him by any offensive or derisive name, or make any noise or exclamation in his presence and hearing with the intent to deride, offend, or annoy him, or to prevent him from pursuing his lawful business, occupation, or duty; or
    (3) Appearing in an intoxicated condition; or

(4) Engaging in any act in a violent and tumultuous manner by any three or more persons; or

(5) Holding of an unlawful assembly; or

(6) Interruption of any lawful assembly of people; or

(7) Intentionally engaging in any act or any utterance, gesture, or display designed to disrupt a funeral, funeral home viewing, funeral procession, wake, memorial service, or burial of a deceased person.

(8) Intentionally blocking, impeding, inhibiting, or in any other manner obstructing or interfering with access into or from any building or parking lot of a building in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted, or any burial plot or the parking lot of the cemetery in which a funeral, wake, memorial service, or burial is being conducted.

B.(1) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than ninety days, or both.

(2) Whoever commits the crime of disturbing the peace as provided in Paragraphs (A)(7) and (8) of this Section shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.

Amended by Acts 1960, No. 70, §1; Acts 1963, No. 93, §1; Acts 1968, No. 647, §1; Acts 1979, No. 222, §1; Acts 2006, No. 805, §1.

Thank You jmcrawf1 esq.

What you failed to pick up in your thorough and complete observation of the tape is that THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN LOUISIANA! Though the law may be the same in this state, you may want to consider quoting the actual law that applies.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    As far as I am concerned the guy called them Nazis, then they proved him right.

Welcome to America land of the free.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Thank You jmcrawf1 esq.

What you failed to pick up in your thorough and complete observation of the tape is that THIS DID NOT HAPPEN IN LOUISIANA! Though the law may be the same in this state, you may want to consider quoting the actual law that applies.

You may consider reading my whole post. I said that was the Louisiana statute and that I suspected it was similar in other states.

Good try though.

I don't give a **** enough to find the appropriate law for whatever state it happened in. I'm merely pointing out to those that think it's outrageous that it's not.

Last edited:

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    LOL that is funny. Was just responding to your post an realized you edited it, that is OK though. It is soooooo great that you don't think it is a big deal that an officer can arrest a man on his on property for talking....OK yelling. This is probably something you will never have to worry about, isn't it?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    LOL that is funny. Was just responding to your post an realized you edited it, that is OK though. It is soooooo great that you don't think it is a big deal that an officer can arrest a man on his on property for talking....OK yelling. This is probably something you will never have to worry about, isn't it?

He only edited it 20 days ago...

I don't think it is a big deal for someone who is disturbing the peace, to be arrested for doing so. Just for my own curiosity, do you think that the person was making the wise, polite, or intelligent decision, by screaming insults at people with no justification?

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-6/chapter-71/subchapter-2/5-71-207/

Arkansas law on disturbing the peace.

A person commits the offense of disorderly conduct if, with the purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm or recklessly creating a risk of public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, he or she:

Makes unreasonable or excessive noise;

I think screaming nazi is unreasonable or excessive noise.

------------------

Amazingly enough, it could also be seen as harassment.

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-6/chapter-71/subchapter-2/5-71-208/

A person commits the offense of harassment if, with purpose to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, without good cause, he or she:

Engages in conduct or repeatedly commits an act that alarms or seriously annoys another person and that serves no legitimate purpose

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

As a matter of fact, no, it isn't something I will have to worry about.

Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    He only edited it 20 days ago...

I don't think it is a big deal for someone who is disturbing the peace, to be arrested for doing so. Just for my own curiosity, do you think that the person was making the wise, polite, or intelligent decision, by screaming insults at people with no justification?

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-6/chapter-71/subchapter-2/5-71-207/

Arkansas law on disturbing the peace.

A person commits the offense of disorderly conduct if, with the purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm or recklessly creating a risk of public inconvenience, annoyance, or alarm, he or she:

Makes unreasonable or excessive noise;

I think screaming nazi is unreasonable or excessive noise.

------------------

Amazingly enough, it could also be seen as harassment.

http://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2010/title-5/subtitle-6/chapter-71/subchapter-2/5-71-208/

A person commits the offense of harassment if, with purpose to harass, annoy, or alarm another person, without good cause, he or she:

Engages in conduct or repeatedly commits an act that alarms or seriously annoys another person and that serves no legitimate purpose

I do not think you are being polite towards me, nor do I think you have justification for treating me in such a manner. Please tell me where you live so I may have the police come and arrest you?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom