Cops shoot pic bulls

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I've had a few in my life, never saw them show any aggression towards humans. I'd say it's almost like blaming the gun. Almost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    Here we go again. Any medium to large breed dog could have done this. People need to start blaming the owner not the breed of the dog. Breed hate is the same thing as racism, which should not be tolerated. Someone who hasn't owned this amazing breed needs not bash them.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Here we go again. Any medium to large breed dog could have done this. People need to start blaming the owner not the breed of the dog. Breed hate is the same thing as racism, which should not be tolerated. Someone who hasn't owned this amazing breed needs not bash them.

Yeah, but how often do you see "Yellow lab mauls young boy" compared to "Pit bull/ Pit mix mauls young boy"?

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    Now that I have a 3mo old son I tell my miniature schnauzer all the time, "you bite him and we going out back to meet Mr Glock". So far he's listened.

I have to agree tho, it's the lack of ownership of these dogs. Every one that I've come in contact with have been amazing, loving, and crazy athletic! These dogs need exercise and attention, daily!! They will play fetch until your arm falls off then some, which is needed.

With that said, I would never own a pit bull for the fact of being labelled and having to deal with people. Friends are scared to come over, sitters won't watch your kids or your dog, etc... Much easier to own a lab.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Taken from dogbites.org

"In the 9-year period from 2005 to 2013, pit bulls killed 176 Americans and accounted for 62% of the total recorded deaths (283). Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 74% of these deaths"

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I didn't read the article, a gathered enough from the comments to know what is in it and I don't want to start my saturday like that. I will add that while I think owners have the greatest responsibility in the issue with pit bulls, I don't think I could get my German Shepard to bite off a child's face no matter what I did to her. It's just against her nature. A grown human, yes, and as an owner I make sure she is properly socialized. I have met many pit bulls and thought they were great dogs, never known a bad one owned by a person I know. I do think that says more about the owners than the dog.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I gun would never, never, ever hurt anyone on its own.

That's why I say "almost." Every animal has a mind of its own, but they're all conditioned to act the way they're brought up. I say I've owned them and known many people who have owned them with no more problems than any other dog I've owned, from dachshunds to several mutts to Boston terriers to German shepherds. Actually, I've had more problems with the other breeds. Anyways, the people I've known were responsible dog owners, which usually can't be said of the people who own the dogs in these stories. They're idiots who treat their dogs badly, train them to be aggressive, and just want a pit bull to fit a "bad ass" image.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Pitbulls are NOT inanimate objects. Guns don't kill people but dogs do. It is wrong to compare gun ownership with dog ownership - if I neglect my gun it may rust, if I neglect my dog it may act aggressively. Many here would not carry a gun that is know to have ineffective safeties, why would you own a dog that is known to have "poor safeties"?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Yeah, but how often do you see "Yellow lab mauls young boy" .....

And you aren't ever going to see it because the yellow ones are docile. It's the Chocolate ones that are bred for fighting and the arena due to their temperament!

9lgj2je1qivehzlu5sg.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom