Cops suck, and then...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I'll bite. If I were a cop, and wanted I plant a gun it would be as simple as putting it in his hand or rubbing it against his skin. An absolute idiot could do it.

I watch csi too. Now what?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'll bite. If I were a cop, and wanted I plant a gun it would be as simple as putting it in his hand or rubbing it against his skin. An absolute idiot could do it.

I watch csi too. Now what?

Seems the idiot on the video couldn't manage to even get a print on it.

My question was to ascertain this. They said there were no prints on the gun. Okay. A fair question is if there were prints on the mag or bullets. If they wished to clear the LEO, wouldn't it make sense to be thorough and at least check for DNA identification. The fact that they didn't, or that they didn't mention the results certainly doesn't clear up the issue. Particularly, given their version's of the events on the video variance from the actual events on video. Smacks of whitewash.

I asked a fair question and was met with kneejerk accusations of cop bashing. Sounds like a few folks here would make excellent liberal Democrat presidential candidates. If someone asks an inconvenient question, ignore it and attack the individual. Saul Alinsky would be proud. This is a perfect example of why I believe that this nation is finished.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    So your questions are about DNA and fingerprints? I can only speak from my own expirences here but here goes. Contrary to TV only non-porus smooth surfaces take prints. Most handgun grips to not take prints well. Only about 1/3 of the weapons I have recovered and had printed have returned usable prints. Mags and bullets while made from materials typically more suitable for printing are also dubious. Boffers usually buy a gun, a stolen gun, with the mag and whatever bullets are in that mag. I would venture to guess that the vast majority would have to be shown how to load a mag or how to function a mag release.

DNA; is expensive. It relies on a match to an exsisting database. It also requires that DNA actually be left on an object. Your sweat doesn't not contain your DNA. The oils on your skin do not contain DNA.

Is it possible a cop planted a gun on the suspect to justify a bad shoot? Certainly. What evidence is there of it? Nothing substantial. I have been accused of "putting that there" dozens upon dozens of times. Believe it or not crooks lie. A planted gun seems less likely here than the dead guy was armed. Undoubtedly this shooting will also now go before a grand jury.
    Just because his agencie cleared him does not mean a jury of his peers will.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So your questions are about DNA and fingerprints? I can only speak from my own expirences here but here goes. Contrary to TV only non-porus smooth surfaces take prints. Most handgun grips to not take prints well. Only about 1/3 of the weapons I have recovered and had printed have returned usable prints. Mags and bullets while made from materials typically more suitable for printing are also dubious. Boffers usually buy a gun, a stolen gun, with the mag and whatever bullets are in that mag. I would venture to guess that the vast majority would have to be shown how to load a mag or how to function a mag release.

DNA; is expensive. It relies on a match to an exsisting database. It also requires that DNA actually be left on an object. Your sweat doesn't not contain your DNA. The oils on your skin do not contain DNA.

Guess you didn't read the articles. According to the report of the National District Attorneys Association there is DNA in body oil and sweat and in skin flakes. All of which would almost certainly be on a weapon stuffed in the waistband of a "boffer."

The claim that it is expensive is spurious. If the Canucks can afford it surely a SD seeking to clear a deputy can.

Is it possible a cop planted a gun on the suspect to justify a bad shoot? Certainly. What evidence is there of it? Nothing substantial. I have been accused of "putting that there" dozens upon dozens of times. Believe it or not crooks lie. A planted gun seems less likely here than the dead guy was armed. Undoubtedly this shooting will also now go before a grand jury.
    Just because his agencie cleared him does not mean a jury of his peers will.

What evidence is there that it was Cuevas' gun? Nothing substantial; in fact nothing at all.

Believe it or not, some cops lie.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Are you kidding, you should try Giving one.
    Pissed off dudes, women trying to wheedle out of it and then physically Yelling at you because their manipulative natures won't work; young girls literally falling to pieces, young Guys talking ****, relatives of the mayor, chief, dog catcher, etc. calling your boss in the middle of the night....
    I always just tell them why and they make their own call.

-I wasn't paying attention to the limit.
    -I did not see the limit and thought it was the speed I was going.
    -I am late
    -I have no excuse...because?
    Each one of these had an honest explanation behind it, and have met 50/50 with being let go sans ticket. Never once tried to argue except when I honestly thought the speed limit was 45 and it wasn't. Officer showed me the sign, I admitted I had not seen it and apologized, what could I say?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Funny thing, I've never started crap with a cop and they never started any with me. Funny how that works out. Sure, I've heard stories, but never happened to me.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Drive threw cashiers suck, the dumb bitch working behind the counter at the shell station sucks, the dumbass behind the counter at O'reillys Autoparts sucks, most of all I think people in general suck !!!!

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    What evidence is there that it was Cuevas' gun? Nothing substantial; in fact nothing at all.

Believe it or not, some cops lie.

I'm not getting into a csi skin cell rectal sweat argument, it isn't my area of expertise, however I do know that a person is supposed to be presumed innocent. The question shouldn't be What evidence is there that it was Cuevas' gun?, it should be What evidence is there that it was the officer's gun?

The evidence as it stands has the officer's words vs. nothing. If you wish to get the officer convinced of a crime you should presume innocence until evidence shows guilty. No prints, no DNA, no contradictory statements, it all means no evidence.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Funny thing, I've never started crap with a cop and they never started any with me. Funny how that works out. Sure, I've heard stories, but never happened to me.

this. sure i got a few tickets for you know going a bit too fast, but that comes with the turf. Hell if polite, an officer may go out of his way to help you. I'ts happened to me.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I though everyone Below Lake Ponchartrain had NOLA in their title. Must be a pride thing. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom