Cosmo Video on Female Gun Ownership

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I'm going to go ahead and say that this video really ticked me off. Not once did they show an educated woman who respects firearms and uses them for personal protection.

"Cosmopolitan.com sat down women to talk to their gun-owning boyfriends about how they really feel about gun control. Here's what happened."

This whole stupid video, from a magazine that probably 90% of women in the US read, reiterates the stereotype that women are fragile and have an irrational fear of guns.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/04/01/couples-talk-about-gun-ownership-in-cosmo-video-see-why-some-pro-gun-women-are-ticked-off/

Thoughts?

Last edited:

TooOld

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Laplace
    Always wonder how hard these people have to look to find dingbats like this? I really believe most are paid actors/actresses.

My wife (49 years) does not like to shoot. Since we have been married she did some shooting at the range and tried hunting a few times, but just does not have an interest in shooting, however she supports my having my guns in the house.

We have 2 girls, both did not show an interest in shooting. However, both are now married and have husbands that love to hunt/shoot and have many firearms in their houses. Oldest daughter now has a son that shoots in competition with Hunter Education Challenge and she supports him 100%. Often bringing him to the range for practice.

Saved the best for last. Oldest granddaughter was just accepted to West Point, she will be attending basic training this month. As most West Point have to be very competitive, she decided that she was not going into basic training without some knowledge of firearms. Being she never shot a gun before she asked me to help her learn some basic shooting and the firearm she will be using. Since then we've been to the range and I have taught her the breakdown of an AR and how it works. Now she calls on a regular basis asking me when we can go to the range again, she is really enjoying shooting. Now I finally have a female shooting partner, but will be loosing her in a few months to West Point. Well at least I have 2 grandsons to spend range time with.

Basis for all this is that I really think my experience with the wife and 2 daughters is typical of most women who do not actually shoot. Most women who marry a person who is a gun owner/shooter may not be active in the sport, but I think most will respect and support their husband's interest. I know that my wife and daughters may not shoot, but they do support my and their husbands decision to own, shoot and carry a firearm. They are also supportive of their kids and grandkids in shooting. My wife asks every time we go to Cabela's if I need anything for shooting with the grandkids.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Well, when the guy is trying to explain his position to his girlfriend at 2:45, then it pans to her face, that look alone when I was talking about something important to me would make me leave her.
    Honestly I don't think I could be with a woman so ignorant as to be afraid of an inanimate object. I have been married for 18 years, I have owned a firearm the entire time. My wife is not interested in guns at all, it's difficult to get her to go to the shooting range once a year just to be somewhat familiar with the firearm she may perhaps have to defend her life with, and she only does that at my insistence. But if you were to tell her we were not going to have a gun in the house, she would tell you to get bent. She understands the reality of the possibility that gun may help save her life, and understands the safety or risk involved with a firearm is only as dangerous as the person who owns it.

Cosmopolitan appears to be attempting to make the male gun owner look like a fumbling insecure boob in need of a dangerous totem to feel more powerful. Unfortunately many of the readers will buy into this, and many men may not have the logic or the stones to convince these ladies otherwise. It is unfortunate that cosmo could not do an article about responsible gun owning women, why they own them, and what made them decide to take protection as their own personal responsibility, but this would not coincide with the anti-gun, woman as a victim theme that is being promoted by the Hilary crowd.

last thought
    Also, the men in this video are pansies. I'm troubled as I watch them play the truth and beat around the bush about having to have the guns registered, and that they have the keys and the safe in different places in case they come home drunk. Personally, I would tell that women straight up that if she was concerned that if I came home drunk I would pick up a gun and blow her brains out, she needs to leave and find a man she is not afraid of. Seriously, what kind of people think this, worry about this, and still have a relationship with one another?

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Cosmo is good for two thing, pic of near naked women & killing roaches. The "writers" most likely went to collage in NYC or Mass. and the only time they have been down south was to go to Dizzyworld. I bet they never went more than 500 feet from there office to speak with these Airheads.
    Since we know cosmo is flying the big liberal flag, they could have interviewed Annie Oakly herself but they would Never use a neutral or Pro gun Woman. I have better & cheaper ways to kill roaches.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd love to see TacTissy do a rebuttal to this but the problem is viewership. We can't reach the liberal women that would need to see something like that.

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Top Bottom