Costco auto purchase program

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Has anybody used this program? Thoughts?
    I am looking for a GMC truck but Costco doesn’t have a dealer in this area. Closest I’ve found is Houston.
    You guys ever go that far to buy vehicles?
    Earlier, I got recommendations for Mossy in Picayune so I’ll check them as well.
    Thanks!

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Didn't even know Costco had that program!

I actually did fly from Nola to Houston to get my car, about a year ago. I bought it through Carvana (phenomenal experience if you're shopping for pre-owned -- can't recommend enough), and I had the choice of either having it delivered to my house for a couple hundred bucks or picking up at the nearest dealership and having my flight/taxi reimbursed, so I took the latter option and made a weekend of it.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    From what I was told from a friend who purchased through Costco it will be a set amount over Invoice.
    Invoice on vehicles does not show Dealer Holdback which is a percentage of cost that Dealers get back.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have been buying from Hood Motors in Amite since 1964 and am well pleased with them.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    I used my costco program for my brother in law, it got him another $1000 for a GM vehicle. I think for GM it is 1000 to 2000 off depending on vehicle. If you can haggle, you can sometimes get a better deal just spending an extra 30 minutes haggling for a slightly better price.

But if I were you, try the lafayette, breaux bridge area where they have a lot of oil field (or used to) as they seem to cut bigger deals.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Thanks guys!
    The problem I’m seeing is all the trucks have expensive packages added on that I don’t want. Also one dealer told me supply for trucks is low due to COVID manufacturing backlogs.
    Same story for 4 person side by sides. Real or not, who knows!

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    When I got my Explorer they did not have the one I wanted locally and the dealer looked until they found the exact one I wanted in Houston and then had it shipped here no muss no fuss.

I do a lot of legwork online check at dealerships that are in nearby areas and see if you can find what you want and then give them a call.

I know guys in CA that have gone out as far as Texas to get a truck, car, or motorcycle they wanted and then drive it home.

Just got a costco circular and they have an extra $1500 off on certain Cadillacs for a limited time.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Thanks guys!
    The problem I’m seeing is all the trucks have expensive packages added on that I don’t want. Also one dealer told me supply for trucks is low due to COVID manufacturing backlogs.
    Same story for 4 person side by sides. Real or not, who knows!

I guess it depends on where in USA the vehicle in manufactured. Some had too much stock when no one was buying during covid. But the side by sides, RV's, boats, etc. All of those have been selling for high prices. Everyone bored to go outside. For real on those things

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I don’t know anything at all about Costco. But, I do know from personal experience that Mossy of Picayune is a great dealership.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It really depends on the dealer. The Costco program used the Hammond Toyota dealer for my Tacoma. Price was meh and the sales people were jerks... not Costco's fault.

We ended up contacting 25 dealerships by email, listing what we wanted, what we didn't and what we were flexible on. We refused to show or talk on the phone until had their out the door price (make sure they know you are from what state you are in for Taxes). Got a couple of good offers and went back for round 2.... Can you beat price x?

Picked the best one, had our money straight, drove to Moss Point, MS. Was at the dealer 20 minutes, part of which they were finishing cleaning the truck and finding floor mats.

Top Bottom