Could a lightsaber melt a bullet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    This thread reminds me of a movie i saw.
    Maybe it was Indiana Jones?
    Guy dances around plenty pre fighting and guy pulls out a handgun and just pops him dead.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    This guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ejiEEun9s

Spoiler alert - His calculations say it will melt, but not safely vaporize, the bullet. It will spray you with molten lead. So, you'd be a Jedi with really cool scars.

God man this is so cringy, this video must have taken so much time and effort, and he got so close to the answer yet remains so far away... HE ASSUMED A SOLID LEAD CAST BULLET! In his calculations he used the melting point for lead... but not for copper... no mention of copper... The melting point of copper is 3 times hotter than lead....

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Plenty of people have hit a twig which caused them to miss a deer and a twig ain’t got nothin on a light saber.
    A twig is a solid object made of matter, a lightsaber blade is not. its essentially just a big ass blow torch... I think.

- - - Updated - - -

So nerd alert, while watching the mandalorian, i did a little research on them. Basically the mandalorian fought the jedi, they switched from blasters to slug weapons cause they couldn't deflect the bullets. So while the saber could melt the bullet standing still, it wouldn't do it while it was flying at them with a gun.
    Okay This is some valuable insight!! I think that settles it then if the story is canon, lightsabers can't block bullets!

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry to have ruffled some feathers but I personally was not into any of the "Star Wars "/ space alien / Star Trek / etc. these types just did not /does not melt my butter. to me "2001 Space Odesy " seemed more believable. But to each their own likes/dislikes . .......................................... drill sgt.

Not a big deal at all. I understand. You should try The Expanse if you like realism in Science Fiction it’s really good.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If a saber is hot enough to completely vaporize a bullet, what is it doing to the air in the room these sabers are turned on in??

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Warming it up.... duahh.... they need a lot of heat in space.... plus as they swing it slowly and gracefully that sound is it vaporizing moister particulates lol
    If a saber is hot enough to completely vaporize a bullet, what is it doing to the air in the room these sabers are turned on in??

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    No Jedi worth his metaclorians would use his light saber as defense against bullets. Bullets, being matter, can be controlled by using the Force, as when Yoda raised Luke's crashed ship from the swamp.

Of course, you'd have to think fast.

MotorBoy

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Youngsville
    If your using a lightsaber that means your so far in the future that bullets have not been used for hundreds if not thousands of years-in todays terms a rock vrs a M16

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    If your using a lightsaber that means your so far in the future that bullets have not been used for hundreds if not thousands of years-in todays terms a rock vrs a M16

Or kind of like using a bow and arrow to beat 3a soft armor lol

- - - Updated - - -

No Jedi worth his metaclorians would use his light saber as defense against bullets. Bullets, being matter, can be controlled by using the Force, as when Yoda raised Luke's crashed ship from the swamp.

Of course, you'd have to think fast.

Yeah I was thinking that too, using the force makes more sense

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The Expanse puts every other sci-fi to shame in the reality category. SUCH a good series!!!!

Yes I agree. The writers didn’t run from the science or assume the viewers would be stupid to know the difference. It’s the little details like water not pouring straight out of a bottle but rather twisting as it fell. Or that battles in space take place with the main drives of the ships facing the enemy as they slow down to engage. Or a thousand other little details...

Hell even humans are still humans and still kind of suck.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom