Could this happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Summit_Ace

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    It is now 2020, many things have changed in the great old US of A, the most noticeable is the new regulation of what what was once rights. Over the last few decades the leftist progressives have seen such great success in restricting the use and ownership of firearms through licensing and legislation they have decided to try it on other rights. Granted these changes did not happen over night, but took years of planning and manipulation. It started with the banning and registration of automatic weapons in the 30's. It then progressed to the licensing of concealed carry of handguns. From there they went to banning of all handguns without a license and then to semi automatic rifles and shotguns. They tested these laws in states such as NY an CA and with their success they spread to other states. Soon there was a consensus among the states and the states that resisted were denied federal funds and they eventually folded under the pressure. As these laws passed the crime rate began to skyrocket. Soon our government realized they needed to follow the lead of other countries such as the UK and Australia, so they legislated an all out ban on all firearms. At this point the people of America had become so used to backing down without a fight they just accepted the new law just as the nations before them. It was a sad day in our once great nation, but it did not end there.

By this time our nation had become an all out police state. Travel had been restricted and the once friendly police officers our parents new now enforced the new law of the land. Road block were established on all major roads. Not the DUI and immigration check points we had become accustomed to in the past, but systematic searches for weapons and government deemed contraband. Contraband was anything the government deemed dangerous. The use of cell phones while driving had long been banned but now you could be arrested for having one in your vehicle. In fact all distracted driving was outlawed. The simple possession of a radio in your car could land you in jail.

The health care bill of 2010 has been in effect for ten years now and all unhealthy activity has been outlawed. Cigarettes are the new crack and we have a new task force to combat the war on tobacco. Operations are conducted regularly by the Coast Guard and DEA in our coastal waters to catch tobacco smugglers from the newly free republic of Cuba. The use of trans fats and salt has been outlawed for two years in restaurants but recently our leader has signed a law outlawing them in the home. I guess after the passing of the 28th amendment eliminating term limits for president Our leader wants to start thing with a bang. But it doesn't end there.

As his grip tightens and the country comes to it's knees, there is a light. A select few of what were once part of the patriot movement of the early 90's and the revolt of 2012 begin to speak out, that brings us to present. The national media has been controlled for quite some time both in print and on the air waves. Except for a few pirate short wave stations MSNBC and Radio Washington are the only news outlets. As of three weeks ago all unauthorized speech has been outlawed. Anything said against the government or our leader is an arrestable offense. I don't know if the resistance will survive. people are turning in their neighbors for fear of being associated with them. Our children are being told in school to let officials know what their parents are saying at home. Speech, the last bastion of hope, gone.

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY COUNTRY? WHY DID I NOT TAKE A STAND WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE? I never thought it would go this far.

check629

don
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    west bank
    well said most people would rather take it on the chin than fight for what they believe in.
    you say what can i do nothing until you change some peoples way of thinking . need to go back to simple truths . do unto others what you would have done to you. alot of people have forgotten this simple truth for sure.

Last edited:

RNshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Slidell, LA
    Can this happen? Folks, it is happening as we speak. We're just at the the beginning of the continuum.

Get mad, but more importantly, stay focused and rational and vote these guys and gals with a government-to-run-eveything mentality out of office. With Obama Care that just passed, the IRS will need to hire thousands in the near future to collect your and my hard earned money.

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I don't think the country would follow the logic described in that scenario. Gun laws have been loosening lately and positive SC decisions have been/will be made.

I also disagree with the "success" mentioned there. We see that the liberal states with strong gun control are some terribly crime-ridden areas. No way the rest of the country does what Chicago and NY have done. The liberal states pilot these programs and the rest of us recognize the failure.

Now, the whole country could go liberal, but if that happens we are in deep doo-doo and it's a moot discussion.

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    These topics make me so mad, we are one justice away from loosing our God given constitutional rights, the 2A is 2nd in importance to only free speech and we are in serious danger of loosing it ...imagine a law regulating speech ...sorry for another rant ..so I removed it. Peacefully stay engaged guys ...educate your kids and continue the good fight.

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Yea, and the cycle should stop here

We know that pigs don't just jump in a truck to go to slaughter
    Pigs are fed, taken care of, live what is a good life for a pig, eatn and gettn fat and comfortable

So when the farmer holds the slop bucket in the front of the truck to the slaughter house......in they go, lookn for the next free meal

When they find them selves screamin in line, gettn shoved toward the killing floor, theres no " I quit, I didn't really want that free slop " game over, next thing they feel is the spike in the head

Truck heads back to the farm for another load

Here we go, freeloadn citizens and illegals, you are being lured by the slop bucket of a finely tuned political mob.........if only it'd stop with ya'll......our gene pool would get much cleaner, but it won't.

The same slop eaters that are sacraficing their lives for free stuff are threatining ours

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Yea, and the cycle should stop here

We know that pigs don't just jump in a truck to go to slaughter
    Pigs are fed, taken care of, live what is a good life for a pig, eatn and gettn fat and comfortable

So when the farmer holds the slop bucket in the front of the truck to the slaughter house......in they go, lookn for the next free meal

When they find them selves screamin in line, gettn shoved toward the killing floor, theres no " I quit, I didn't really want that free slop " game over, next thing they feel is the spike in the head

Truck heads back to the farm for another load

Here we go, freeloadn citizens and illegals, you are being lured by the slop bucket of a finely tuned political mob.........if only it'd stop with ya'll......our gene pool would get much cleaner, but it won't.

The same slop eaters that are sacraficing their lives for free stuff are threatining ours

I'm the one robbed to fill the slop bucket. I despise the farmer and his employees.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    We must chose where to emulate W.B.Travis at the Alamo and decide where to draw our "line in the sand".
    Of course, we all know what happened to Travis; but, he inspired a new Nation which has become our country's most prosperous State, Texas.
    We will have to sacrifice for our children, as our ancestors did for us, over-and-over.
    Remember "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their Country"?
    Some will be called upon to be leaders and PATRIOTS; how we respond is what will decide the future of our USA.
    leVieux

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom