could use advice from offshore guys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddinbr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Maurepas
    All the above advice is good.

Many a new crew member has quit over worrying about a wife or girlfriend at home. If your crew knows you are worried, they will egg you on until you quit. Jody this, Jody that. A sure sign someone has a problem is when you are on heliport multiple times a day trying to get a cell signal to call home. Speaking of cell phones depending on where you are working the signal you get could be international (very expensive bill)

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    My recommendation would be to find a big tugboat company like Kirby, Florida marine. They have good pay great benefits and the offshore boat business is not in the best shape and I do not see offshore work betting better.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    My recommendation would be to find a big tugboat company like Kirby, Florida marine. They have good pay great benefits and the offshore boat business is not in the best shape and I do not see offshore work betting better.

My previous company is looking to rehire. I didn't apply and I won't due to doing other work. But I see it coming back slowly. I don't think it will be as good as it was during Obama and Trump tho

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dont do it!

It's done man. I'm on a boat right now with Bordelon Marine. I don't mind the work or being out on the water. But I did already pretty much decide this isnt the type of boat I want to work on. I'm on a logistics boat working out in the gulf. I'm already seeing that I'd prefer to be on inland waters and maybe a little smaller boat. It's nice out here, but it's just not for me. So I'm sticking out this hitch and learning what I can, and when I get back home, I'm gonna make some phone calls. A few people have told me to stick with a tugboat, and I can see why.... But I have been reading everything everyone has to say on here and I appreciate it. I've surely been paying attention to what you guys are saying.

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    It's done man. I'm on a boat right now with Bordelon Marine. I don't mind the work or being out on the water. But I did already pretty much decide this isnt the type of boat I want to work on. I'm on a logistics boat working out in the gulf. I'm already seeing that I'd prefer to be on inland waters and maybe a little smaller boat. It's nice out here, but it's just not for me. So I'm sticking out this hitch and learning what I can, and when I get back home, I'm gonna make some phone calls. A few people have told me to stick with a tugboat, and I can see why.... But I have been reading everything everyone has to say on here and I appreciate it. I've surely been paying attention to what you guys are saying.

If you don't find another job with your time off, do another hitch, once you get 2-3 hitches down, you realize it isn't so bad.

Top Bottom